|Job Ref:||204601423||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Nottinghamshire||City:||Mansfield||Address:||Post Code:||NG18||Post Date:||02/10/2016 02:21|
My client is an award winning leader in their industry and due to their continued growth they are now recruiting for a Supplier Quality Engineer to join the team. |
You will be responsible for the control of supplier quality, achieved through a proactive, partnership approach with suppliers.
The role role will see you working closely and actively with key suppliers, building the relationship and promoting a 'zero defect' preventive culture. Following a basic template of developing control plans with the supplier and working together to achieve compliance, the SQE role has a clear objective of assuring the quality of critical components. Regular supplier audits will provide evidence that the supply chain is under control. Where quality issues arise the SQE will work with the supplier to prevent recurrence.
Significant emphasis is placed on the Engineer element of the job; the role includes involvement at an early stage in the development of new products and their associated manufacturing processes to ensure that new products are manufacturable and at their lowest possible cost from the point of launch.
To be considered for this role you will have:
* An HNC or higher qualification in Quality Engineering or equivalent
* At least 5 years' experience and a proven track record in Quality Engineering or Quality Assurance in a mechanical engineering environment, to include plastic injection moulding and machined components
* Strong problem solving skills and be proficient in quality analysis tools such as 8D, Lean, 5 Why's, Pareto Analysis, SPC, DFMEA, PFMEA, Six Sigma, and PPAP.
* MSA/ CMM and FAI submission assessment and judgement
* Strong verbal and written communication skills, work well with diverse groups of people and be able to function independently of direct supervision
* Qualified lead auditor
* Experience in a regulated environment and knowledge of BS EN ISO13485, TS16949 or equivalent
* Must hold a valid driver's license in good standing and the ability to travel abroad
* Enthusiastic and influential with energy, determination and good people skills
* Disciplined, organised and process oriented
* Proficient in the use of MS office software