|Job Ref:||204601286||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Beckenham||Address:||Post Code:||BR3||Salary:||£20000 - £35000/annum||Post Date:||02/10/2016 02:21|
An exciting opportunity has arisen within this leading manufacturing company for a both Process Improvement and Development Engineers to join its expanding operation.|
Reporting to the Senior Management Team, we are looking for a graduate engineer to work with the area managers to assist in the improvement of existing processes and ensure the timely and successful introduction of new projects. Both roles require the need to identify new process improvement opportunities in the areas of performance, cost and quality. This is a role for engineers with an interest in both process and education, mentoring and facilitating a bottom-up programme of process improvement and new product introduction within the manufacturing team
These are new positions in the company, and will involve the successful candidates in the development of the roles. The following is a typical, but not exhaustive, list of the responsibilities of the roles and is open to development
for the right individuals.
- Assist in developing and implementing process improvements to meet business goals.
- Evaluate and analyse current process metrics and performance to identify areas requiring improvements.
- Develop process improvement initiatives to increase operational efficiency and productivity.
- Analyse and identify opportunities to reduce process variation, improve process capabilities and optimize process performance.
- Facilitate the deployment of new and changed processes to provide improved results.
- Provide support and guidance to team when needed.
- Provide education and training on the use of re-engineering techniques to improve process performance and product quality.
- Develop standard procedures and policies to be followed by manufacturing staff.
- Work with various teams to reduce process and business variations, developing a bottom-up programme of continuous improvement.
- Assist Managers in management of capital projects.
- Prepare project presentations for management when needed.
- Review and update business procedures and documents based on project requirements. Monitor process performance and improvements in key metrics.
The successful candidate will enjoy working in a fast paced, challenging environment within a growing Company. You will be able to demonstrate a passion to become a world class manufacturer. You will have manufacturing or process/production engineering skills with the ability to embrace continuous improvement techniques to drive wide-ranging change. Ideally, you will be an enthusiastic, qualified engineer with a good hands-on attitude and a love of manufacturing. You will use education, and a thirst for continual personal development, to carve out a career in a long-established organization. Underpinning knowledge is critical, but this role would ideally suit a newly-graduated individual looking for an opportunity to put their education to good use.
The successful candidate will ideally have knowledge/experience of:
- Project Management and/or New Product Introduction
- Continuous improvement tools and techniques.
- Previous experience/placement in a manufacturing company.
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to absorb and analyze new ideas and information.
- Ability to work effectively with different teams.
- Ability to interact confidently and persuasively with all levels of the organization.
- Ability to develop own and others knowledge as necessary.
Salary is competitive and dependent on experience