|Job Ref:||204603576||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Wiltshire||City:||Chippenham||Address:||Post Code:||SN15||Salary:||£75000 - £85000/annum + a car and benefits package||Post Date:||24/10/2016 10:51|
A Commercial Lead is required to oversee the Highways Sector of a leading Civil Contractor. The successful candidate will lead a Commercial team of Senior Commercial Managers (CM) / CM / SQS and QS - based in various locations around the UK. As such, the Commercial Lead will be required to visit project locations, so must be flexible to travel, often with overnight lodge - although this role will primarily be based out of Head Office in Chippenham. |
It is essential that the successful Commercial Lead has an in-depth understanding and appreciation of the Highways industry - and a consistent work history; and principle contractor background.
• To maximise profitability;
• Contract and sub-contract reviews;
• Risk management;
• Production of Commercial Reports;
• Management of monthly CVR process;
• Client contact and relations;
• Work winning;
• Business Development;
• Budget setting and Forecasting;
• Managing the resolution of sub-contract disputes;
• Development of the supply chain.
Experience and Qualifications
• An Engineering background;
• Extensive knowledge of the Highways sector;
• An understanding of NEC3 Conditions of Contract;
• A relevant degree;
• Experience in a similar Senior Management / Leadership role - or demonstrating the attributes to do so;
• Membership of ICES, RICS or similar.
On offer - a salary of up to £85,000 plus a comprehensive benefits package which includes a car.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work with one of the UK's best civil contractors. Apply for this position below or alternatively for further information please contact Tristan Chinn or Gemma Howe on (Apply online only).
If you are seeking a career move but this position is not right for you please browse the other vacancies on our website. We are specialists in Rail and Civil Recruitment and have a range of posts available. We also welcome speculative applications