|Job Ref:||204603396||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||Croydon||Address:||Post Code:||CR0||Post Date:||24/10/2016 10:55|
Job purpose |
We are currently looking for a mobile/workshop Plant Fitter/Foreman to be based from our Keston depot. (Soon to be relocating to Dartford)
You will be responsible for running the busy workshop and team of fitters to ensure that all targets are achieved & customers are satisfied with the service.
Plant Fitter responsibilities
- The plant fitter will deal with servicing, maintaining, fault finding and repairing construction plant machinery to ensure smooth running and performance of machines;
- Complete all work orders accurately;
- Complete all fleet records so that effective reporting and scheduling may be maintained;
- Identify and assist in purchasing parts;
- Ensure all work is to a high standard;
- Create and maintain a high standard of workshop and yard housekeeping;
- Able to take directions from Plant workshop manager and representatives;
- Work with and communicate with other team members effectively;
- Ensure that safety concerns are paramount;
- To undertake any training / skills development which may be required to fulfil and develop the post;
- To be aware of business continuity processes via Line Manager.
Plant Fitter knowledge skills & experience
- The plant fitter applicant will ideally hold the Cskills NVQ Level 3 Diploma in Plant Maintenance/Plant Hire;
- Previous experience in servicing and repairing heavy construction plant and hydraulics and electrical circuits to a high standard;
- Experience with fabrication and welding would also be an advantage;
- Full clean driving licence;
- Experience within the plant hire trade (desirable);
- Excellent punctuality and reliability.
- Ambitious and committed to personal development;
- Able to work independently;
- Able to work as part of a team;
- Strong communications skills and ability to interact with people at all levels;
- Strong written skills in order to manage own administration work;
- Undertake work in a orderly manner;
- Flexible on working hours as some unsociable hours will be required.
All above attributes are ESSENTIAL.
Plan Fitter benefits