|Job Ref:||204601259||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Berkshire||City:||Reading||Address:||Post Code:||RG2||Salary:||£40.00 - £60.00/hour||Post Date:||24/10/2016 10:54|
Sitec are currently looking to recruit Field Engineers with a strong design background and construction experience. (This is not a hands on type role as the title would suggest) for a nuclear MoD establishment in Reading. The posts are for an estimated 12 month contract and are paying competitively up to £60 per hour on a Limited basis depending on experience.|
Successful applicants will be required to be Security Cleared prior to appointment and must hold a British Passport and UK residency for the past 10 years or more to qualify.
A key member of the Construction and Design Team with particular responsibility for carrying out the duties of Field Engineer, as directed by the Head of Construction and Head of Engineering. The role of Field Engineer is to ensure that engineering design of the Mensa and associated aspects of the entire project are fully coordinated to meet Capability, Project and System Requirements. The role involves working closely with the Design Houses, Construction Contractors, various supply chain organizations and Process Plant and Equipment (PP&E) vendors to deliver solutions that meet the client's business needs and licensing requirements together with other defined stakeholders' requirements
* Understand and apply responsibilities with regard to the Company's Environment, Health, Safety, Security and Quality Standards.
* Assist in the Interpretation of design deliverables approved design output with the Contractor.
* Key input as member of the Project Constructability Review Team.
* Facilitate internal review of proposed design changes by the contractor, as necessary, to support construction phase.
* Manage design change in accordance with Company and local Project procedures.
* Interface with the design configuration to maintain as-built status.
* Contribute to an integrated safety approach when reviewing engineering designs and ensure that all technical and design risks are identified and appropriately managed to meet project requirements and Construction Design Management (CDM) Regulations.
* A Chartered Professional of an appropriate professional Engineering Institution (eg. Institution of Civil/Structural/Mechanical Engineers/Engineering and Technology)
* Significant construction experience within the Nuclear arena
* Understand the Designers Responsibilities under the Construction Design Management Regulations.
* Good understanding of the client's Operating Procedures and Work Instructions relating to engineering design and design safety.
* Good understanding of the design requirements set out in MSER and JSP 482.
* Knowledge of the regulatory procedures leading to the acceptance and licensing of High hazard (Nuclear and Explosive) facilities.
* Understanding of BS EN 61508 Safety Instrumented Systems and their lifecycle.
* Knowledge of manufacturing systems.
* Knowledge of maintenance regimes.
* Meridian Trained.
* Highly experienced in working in multi-discipline design teams on large projects.
* Highly experienced in working in a highly regulated construction environment.
* Experience of working in a classified environment where documents, drawings and systems are classified.
* Developed Vetting (DV) Security Clearance.
* Required to undertake all the work at the client's site using client's protectively marked IT system.
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec, part of the Sitec Group. The services advertised by Sitec are those of an Employment business
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec. Sitec is a trading name of Sitec Engineering Ltd