|Job Ref:||204601207||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Bristol||Address:||Post Code:||BS5||Post Date:||02/10/2016 02:21|
Role: Electrical Engineers|
Salary: £30,000 - £43,000 + attractive package
Relocation Allowance: Up to £8,000
Our client is seeking individuals with a broad base of Electrical Engineering skills, ideally with knowledge and experience of working within the defence maritime industry, though they are eager to see applications from outside the defence industry too.
You will have knowledge and experience of working in a complex project environment and display evidence of dealing with customers/clients to resolve complex issues. Safety is a key aspect of our clients roles and as such, to be considered you should be able to demonstrate where you have managed or have awareness of safety systems
The range of responsibilities will typically include:
* Deliver new and sustain existing capabilities that are safe to operate, through equipment, system and platform procurement, technology advancement and optimised support solutions understanding the challenges presented by new technology and how it can be applied.
* Researching and preparing technical requirements and options reviewing and approving contractors' designs and plans, managing the collation of data to support the acceptance of equipment into service.
* Undertake technical aspects of procurement including, develop statements of work, assess tenders, advise team leaders of technical risks
* Working with the Royal Navy and contractors to identify and resolve technical problems.
* Identifying cost effective approaches to maintenance management, obsolescence and upgrade.
* Providing technical advice on material properties, testing techniques and remedial actions.
* Providing expertise on equipments and their suitability for use in ships.
* Providing expertise on equipments, systems and platforms and their safety implications to meet the needs of the Royal Navy, including compliance with the statutory and regulatory framework.
Please note, our client will not be offering visa sponsorships for these roles under the UK Government's Right to Work scheme. Nationals from outside of the UK or the European Economic Area (EEA) who apply and are invited for Interview will be required to provide original documentary evidence as proof of their existing entitlement to work in the UK in their own right (e.g. not sponsored by their current employer). For examples of acceptable documents please see Right to Work.
For more details of how to apply and a copy of the full Job description apply NOW