WSP | Parsons Brinckerhoff, one of the world's leading engineering and professional services consulting firms, provides services designed to transform the built environment and restore the natural one. The firm's expertise ranges from environmental remediation and urban planning, to engineering iconic buildings and designing sustainable transport networks, to developing the energy sources of the future and enabling new ways of extracting essential resources. Approximately 34,000 employees, including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors, program and construction management professionals, as well as various environmental experts, work for this dynamic organization in more than 500 offices across 40 countries worldwide. NA |
This position involves performing electrical engineering and design working on a variety of world-class transportation projects including movable bridges, fixed bridges, tunnels, and roadway lighting and, applying standard techniques and procedures, may include the following typical duties:
Project assignments may include, although not limited to, roadways, vehicular or rail tunnels, transportation centers, transit maintenance facilities, parking structures, movable bridges or pump stations.
• Prepare design criteria documents, calculations, drawings and specifications for electrical systems including power distribution, standby power, lighting, communications, fire alarm, security, Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS), and various other special systems.
• Develop cost estimates for electrical systems, including performing quantity take-offs.
• Serve as electrical engineer-of-record for design documents and reports covering electrical systems.
• Provide support during construction activities, including performing site visits to confirm field conditions.
This is an excellent technical position for a proficient engineer to influence production of engineering design for a national client base in an internationally recognized global firm in a field designated for expansion.
• Familiarity with AutoCAD or Microstation is desired and proficiency in Microsoft Office products is required. Experience with Revit is desirable.
• Familiarity with NFPA Standards and applicable building codes is required. Must be proficient in application of the Natonal Electrical Code.
• Proficiency with electrical design software is required.
• Experience to include: facilities surveys, reports, feasibility studies, design, specifications, cost estimating, construction activity support, owner's engineer; and supervision of less experienced engineers and designers and technicians. Areas of experience should include one or more of the following categories of facilities: movable bridges, vehicular and rail tunnels, telecommunications, transit, aviation, industrial, commercial, educational, health care, or governmental.
• Preferred experience to include: electrical design, specifications, cost estimating, construction activity support.
• Must be able to effectively communicate information and ideas both orally and in writing in the English language.
• Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering from an ABET accredited curriculum, or equivalent is required.
• Seven years of relevant experience
• Professional Engineering (P.E.) license with eligibility for reciprocity in other States or Engineer in Training (E.I.T.) certification required.
• Legally qualified to work in the United States.
EOE / Veteran/ Disability/ Gender (M-F) /Gender Identity/ Sexual Orientation