WSP | Parsons Brinckerhoff, one of the world's leading engineering and professional services consulting firms, provides services designed to transform the built environment and restore the natural one. The firm's expertise ranges from environmental remediation and urban planning, to engineering iconic buildings and designing sustainable transport networks, to developing the energy sources of the future and enabling new ways of extracting essential resources. Approximately 34,000 employees, including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors, program and construction management professionals, as well as various environmental experts, work for this dynamic organization in more than 500 offices across 40 countries worldwide. NA |
WSP|Parsons Brinckerhoff has one of the top geotechnical and tunnel engineering groups in the nation. Parsons Brinckerhoff Geotechnical and Tunneling Technical Excellence Center (PBGT) has an immediate opening in New York for a CAD technician to provide drafting services to its clients on design and construction projects in Metro New York area.
• Create drawings and models from written and verbal instruction obtained from Project Engineer
• Work closely with Designers, Drafters, and Engineers to ensure coordination design effort is maintained
• Complete project responsibilities within scope, budget and schedule
• Support PBGT staff in use of AutoCAD and MicroStation
• Handle complex designing and drafting assignments under minimal supervision
• Review drawings for completeness and accuracy
• Examine and check engineering drawings for standards compliance
• Assist CAD Manager with training of staff in the proper use of AutoCAD and MicroStation
• Assist CAD Manager in troubleshooting of CAD issues
• Assist CAD Manager with basic IT duties including installing software, connecting printers and mapping network drives
• May occasionally be dispatched to local client offices for CAD support
EOE / Veteran/ Disability/ Gender (M-F)/Gender Identity/ Sexual Orientation
• Minimum experience of 1-5 years related experience (including internships, co-op programs) in a professional services environment, preferably in an Engineering firm
• Must have High School Diploma / Associates Degree
• Proficiency with latest versions of AutoCAD and MicroStation software (Civil3D and Revit also preferred).
• Basic knowledge of Client CAD standards from major local agencies such as PANYNJ, NYCT, MTA, TBTA, etc. preferred.
• Applicant must be Computer Literate and familiar with Windows 7 environment.
• Effective verbal and written communication skills, strong organizational skills, attention to detail, dedication in meeting deadlines and project requirements are required.
• Considering local candidates only.