WSP | Parsons Brinckerhoff, one of the world's leading engineering and professional services consulting firms, provides services designed to transform the built environment and restore the natural one. The firm's expertise ranges from environmental remediation and urban planning, to engineering iconic buildings and designing sustainable transport networks, to developing the energy sources of the future and enabling new ways of extracting essential resources. Approximately 34,000 employees, including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors, program and construction management professionals, as well as various environmental experts, work for this dynamic organization in more than 500 offices across 40 countries worldwide. NA |
WSP | Parsons Brinckerhoff seeks a Senior Structural CADD Designer with demonstrated experience in developing structural engineering and architectural drawings for transportation related projects using a combination of Building Information Modeling software such as REVIT or Bentley BIM, and, AutoCAD and Microstation. The Senior CADD Designer (CADD Designer I) will be located in our Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania office.
Candidate must be able to:
• Develop construction documents with REVIT or Bentley BIM, and, AutoCAD and Microstation software according to company standards, and client standards including various PA agency standards
• Develop construction drawings for drawings for steel framed, concrete framed, and, masonry structures and foundations
• Understand and interpret structural and architectural drawings, topographic surveys including coordinates, elevations, contours, utility symbols, roadway symbols, etc
• Coordinate with various architecture and engineering disciplines on a variety of small and large projects.
• Develop graphics for presentations
• Perform basic geometry & quantity calculations
• Have knowledge of general engineering design and construction documents.
• Experience on transit related projects - vehicle maintenance facilities, parking facilities, transit stations, airports and/or tunnels is a plus
• Experience in developing drawings for wood framed structures is a plus
• Experience in creating engineering plans and details in other building engineering disciplines (electrical, lighting and HVAC) is a plus
• Experience providing office-wide IT and Network computer support is a plus
• Microstation expertise to provide CADD support for producing designs and construction plans for bridge, roadway and traffic projects is a plus
EOE - Minority / Female / Veteran / Disability / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
• Candidate must have a minimum of 8 years of experience as a Designer/drafter on structural and architectural building projects
• Candidate must be proficient in REVIT and AutoCAD, and have experience in the use of Microstation
• Candidate must have excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills