WSP | Parsons Brinckerhoff, one of the world's leading engineering and professional services consulting firms, provides services designed to transform the built environment and restore the natural one. The firm's expertise ranges from environmental remediation and urban planning, to engineering iconic buildings and designing sustainable transport networks, to developing the energy sources of the future and enabling new ways of extracting essential resources. Approximately 34,000 employees, including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors, program and construction management professionals, as well as various environmental experts, work for this dynamic organization in more than 500 offices across 40 countries worldwide. NA |
Parsons Brinckerhoff is seeking a Senior Traction Power Engineer with 5-7 years of experience in the design of AC and DC traction power systems for mass transit and/or heavy rail. Specific duties of this role include the following:
• Work within a team environment to design traction power and related systems for greenfield and brownfield transit sites;
• Interact with engineers from other companies as well as transit authorities and heavy rail entities on traction power systems designs and interfaces to subsystems external to traction power systems;
• Develop initial design concepts and labor estimates for proposals;
• Travel to customer sites to gain an understanding of project requirements;
• Create and provide presentations of traction power system and associated systems designs to customers.
Desired Education / Experience but Not Required
• The successful candidate will have 5-7 years of power system design experience with an emphasis on traction power design for mass transit and heavy rail;
• Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering or related discipline, or an equivalent documented degree from a foreign university;
• Experience with engineering design on at least three transit or heavy rail projects;
• Good verbal and written communication skills;
• Immediate availability to work in the US;
• Functional knowledge of Microsoft Office suite of applications.
• Considering local candidates only
EOE / Veteran/ Disability/ Gender (M-F) /Gender Identity/ Sexual Orientation
• EIT or PE certification;
• MS in Electrical Engineering;
• Experience with MicroStation/AutoCAD and the development of circuit and cable drawings;
• Experience with TOM or any other load flow simulation software package;
• Functional knowledge of MATLAB or equivalent software package.