WSP | Parsons Brinckerhoff, one of the world's leading engineering and professional services consulting firms, provides services designed to transform the built environment and restore the natural one. The firm's expertise ranges from environmental remediation and urban planning, to engineering iconic buildings and designing sustainable transport networks, to developing the energy sources of the future and enabling new ways of extracting essential resources. Approximately 34,000 employees, including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors, program and construction management professionals, as well as various environmental experts, work for this dynamic organization in more than 500 offices across 40 countries worldwide. NA |
WSP | Parsons Brinckerhoff is seeking a Senior Manager Practice Leader for its Freight Rail business. The candidate will become a senior member of the growing rail and transit group. This is an opportunity to lead a variety of freight railroad projects including feasibility studies, design, project and program management, and a variety of freight rail development initiatives and opportunities.
• Take a national view of the Transit and Rail TEC resources to produce a strategy for strengthening the Group's freight rail technical resources and building the practice.
• Develop standards for technical competency through research into market needs, conducting internal and external client outreach, benchmarking partner and competitor firms, and setting targets across the TEC.
• Develop an action plan to enhance communications, sharing of resources, connectivity of national resources, and coordination across the management team.
• Serve as point of contact and leader of freight rail technical resources to coordinate support across the country.
• Work with senior managers to hire technical talent to achieve a diverse and responsive organization to meet market and client demands.
• Lead and Manage freight rail projects including planning, design management, and implementation
• Develop and maintain strong client relationships
• Lead and/or support proposals and pursuits
EOE / Veteran/ Disability/ Gender (M-F) /Gender Identity/ Sexual Orientation
• Bachelor's degree in engineering
• Advanced degree preferred
• Professional engineering registration a plus
• Minimum twenty years of freight railroad or related industry experience
• Demonstrated ability to lead, mentor and motivate technical staff
• Demonstrated verbal/oral skills
• Strong technical writing ability
• Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain strong client relationships
• Ability to work in this country immediately required.