|Job Ref:||142141BR||Employer:||AECOM||Country:||United States||County/State:||South Carolina||City:||Aiken||Address:||Post Date:||30/09/2016 12:13|
Why Choose AECOM?
AECOM is a premier, fully integrated professional and technical services firm positioned to design, build, finance and operate infrastructure assets around the world for public- and private-sector clients. With nearly 100,000 employees - including architects, engineers, designers, planners, scientists and management and construction services professionals - serving clients in over 150 countries around the world, AECOM is ranked as the #1 engineering design firm by revenue in Engineering News-Record magazine's annual industry rankings, and has been recognized by Fortune magazine as a World's Most Admired Company. The firm is a leader in all of the key markets that it serves, including transportation, facilities, environmental, energy, oil and gas, water, high-rise buildings and government. AECOM provides a blend of global reach, local knowledge, innovation and technical excellence in delivering customized and creative solutions that meet the needs of clients' projects. A Fortune 500 firm, AECOM companies, including URS Corporation and Hunt Construction Group, have annual revenue of approximately $19 billion. More information on AECOM and its services can be found at NA.
About the Business Line
AECOM's Global Support Services (GSS) organization resides within AECOM's Government business line and is comprised of three divisions - International Development, Operations and Mission Support, and Global Programs. GSS has the international presence, personnel networks and procurement infrastructure to deliver support for any mission, anywhere. We optimize the reliability, availability and sustainability of equipment, logistics systems and facilities for clients around the world. GSS supports the U.S. Government, non-U.S. Governments and industry clients with worldwide program management, planning, design, operations and maintenance, logistics, aviation services, security, international development, environmental and civil engineering and mission and intelligence support.
Savannah River Remediation, an LLC of AECOM, is seeking an Associate Engineer-Chemical to be based in our Aiken, SC location.
• Develop conventional engineering and scientific solutions to technical tasks or project objectives. Learn SRR and specific Department systems, methodologies, and requirements for accomplishing tasks. Assist more senior engineering personnel in performing related activities in more complex tasks.
• Accept delegated technical responsibility for a limited phase of a scientific or engineering program. Support engineers or scientists performing related phases of a program.
• Assist in studies, development, testing and analysis of designs, processes, or procedures related to a limited phase of a system or program.
• Bachelor's Degree in Chemical Engineering from an accredited college or university within the previous 12-month period
• Or currently working towards a Bachelor's Degree in Chemical Engineering from an accredited college or university with expected graduation by June 30, 2017
• GPA of 2.5 or higher
• Due to the nature of work, candidate must be a US Citizen.
• Sound technical knowledge base of discipline's standard concepts, principles and techniques. Ability to apply formal training.
• No work experience is required but previous Internship with Savannah River Remediation or other related work experience while obtaining a degree is preferred
• Solid problem solving skills.
• Able to communicate in a clear and professional manner with various levels of employees to include explaining technical details to a non-technical person.
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow.
AECOM is an equal opportunity employer and Minorities, Females, Veterans, and Disabled persons are encouraged to apply. For further information, please click here to view the EEO Is The Law poster.