Why Choose AECOM?
AECOM is a premier, fully integrated professional and technical services firm positioned to design, build, finance and operate infrastructure assets around the world for public- and private-sector clients. With nearly 100,000 employees - including architects, engineers, designers, planners, scientists and management and construction services professionals - serving clients in over 150 countries around the world, AECOM is ranked as the #1 engineering design firm by revenue in Engineering News-Record magazine's annual industry rankings, and has been recognized by Fortune magazine as a World's Most Admired Company. The firm is a leader in all of the key markets that it serves, including transportation, facilities, environmental, energy, oil and gas, water, high-rise buildings and government. AECOM provides a blend of global reach, local knowledge, innovation and technical excellence in delivering customized and creative solutions that meet the needs of clients' projects. A Fortune 500 firm, AECOM companies, including URS Corporation and Hunt Construction Group, have annual revenue of approximately $19 billion. More information on AECOM and its services can be found at NA.
About the Business Line
Our team of environment specialists offers clients expertise in air quality, impact analysis and permitting, environmental health and safety management consulting/due diligence, remediation consulting/engineering and construction/site restoration, specialty and emerging technologies, waste services and water and natural resources.
To co-ordinate and manage Phase 1 and 2 Environmental Site Assessments and remediation of contaminated land in the Oil & Gas sector. Tasks will include program and project management, report preparation and review, proposal preparation and review, project scoping, client and regulator liaison and involvement in field work as necessary.
- Have and maintain an up-to-date knowledge and understanding of the range of environmental disciplines involved in contaminated site management including Phase 1 and Phase 2 environmental site assessments and human health risk assessments.
- Experience in managing large portfolios of downstream assets in the O&G sector.
- Have good geological, hydrogeological and geochemical skills.
- Understanding of environmental issues relating to management of contaminated sites.
- Project management experience including budget control, task development, and client liaison.
- Ability to clearly communicate project objectives and expected outcomes to team members, sub-consultants and a wider audience.
- Have a good knowledge of the local environmental legislation and its application to the assessment process.
- Ability to undertake field assessments solely and in conjunction with team members.
- Ability to on-board and manage sub-contractors.
- Have well developed report writing skills.
- Initiate and develop relationships with people at all levels within the organisation and with sub-consultants.
- Be a good people manager and motivator.
- Be a team player and be prepared to mentor more junior staff members.
- Encourage cooperation across disciplines, projects, and sectors.
- Ability to gain support and commitment from others in relation to project delivery.
- Clear communication with team leader to ensure a balanced workload and utilisation targets are maintained.
- Comply with established quality standards in all aspects of the business and any deliverables to the client.
- To promptly notify the Team Leader of unanticipated delays, change of scope, and/or additional services required in regards to project delivery.
- Have sufficient attention to detail and business acumen to ensure projects are delivered on time, within budget, and to the clients satisfaction.
- To ensure all scope of works are tightly defined in proposals.
- Track record and experience in the downstream O&G sector.
- Demonstrate expertise to clients and build trust by reliably meeting commitments.
- Written and oral communication (including meetings and presentations).
- Build a broad working knowledge of scope of AECOM's' practices, products, and services for cross selling and marketing opportunities.
- Invest in professional knowledge and awareness by reading technical related material, attending relevant training courses/seminars.
- Establish and manage effective, collaborative working relationships with AECOM staff, both within and throughout across the South African offices, the Sub-Saharan region and globally.
- Maintain a high level of integrity (and, when required, discretion) in communications and dealings with staff.
- Minimum 8 years' experience - understanding of the regulatory requirements for contaminated site management and relevant legislation.
- Ability to use Microsoft applications.
- Project management skills.
- Behavioural Competencies:
- Ability to keep self-busy and strive for constant improvement and/or development.
- Ability to work under supervision to complete necessary tasks but able to work independently on some tasks from time to time.
- Constantly seeks out opportunities for achievement and advancement of both project/technical work and personal career.
- Has a 'can do' attitude.
- Good verbal and written communications skills.
- Ability to build and maintain effective working relationships.
- Flexibility to undertake a range of complex tasks and to work hours necessary to meet business objective.
- This Job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work expected to be performed by employees within this position. The actual qualifications, duties, responsibilities, activities and deliverables may vary based on assignment or project and are not limited to those listed.
- At least a BSc (Hons) degree in geology, geochemistry or hydrogeology.
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow. AECOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.