|Job Ref:||142442BR||Employer:||AECOM||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Birmingham||Address:||Post Code:||B12||Post Date:||30/09/2016 11:41|
Why Choose AECOM?
Imagine working for a truly global company whose 45,000 employees share a singular passion: to make the world a better place. We enjoy what we do at AECOM. We bring projects to life in the cities and communities in which we work, and we're driven by a set of values and a common purpose - to create, enhance and sustain the world's built, natural and social environments. Innovation is built into every project we manage and every community we serve. We'll provide you support in an environment that allows you to grow and succeed. Come share your passion with us.
About the Business Line
We provide professional services in areas such as aviation, transit, freight rail, highways and bridges, planning, and ports and marine. Our global network of top-tier specialists delivers comprehensive services over the full life cycle of a project to benefit clients in government and private industries.
We are currently recruiting for a CAD Technician to join our busy and expanding Bridges team in our centrally located Birmingham office.
Our Birmingham office has an established track record of successfully delivering major transport schemes. Our modern office in the heart of Birmingham has good transport links and accommodates a multi-disciplinary transportation design centre. The team provides design, assessment, inspection, construction support and management services on a wide range of transport infrastructure projects. The team is involved in local and national highways and heavy railways projects.
Our current portfolio of works comprises a diverse mix of local, national and international bridges and structures projects including Network Rail Civils Assessments Framework, London Highway Alliance Contract, Birmingham City Council Structures, A6 Manchester Airport Relief Road and Design & Build schemes in North and East England.
As a CAD Technician you will have the following daily responsibilities:
• Assisting with CAD/BIM set-ups, including liaising with clients and architects regarding CAD protocols and standards.
• Production of structural and bridge detailing drawings both for highway and railway schemes.
• Production of 2D and 3D design models using industry standard modelling applications from Bentley and Autodesk.
• Use of BS1192 relevant standards.
• Use of LoD and the requirements required to align Models accordingly to the appropriate LoD.
• Prepare RC and steelwork details.
• Help in CAD/BIM software maintenance.
• Responsible for checking of models, details and schedules.
• Developing and delivering BIM models and 2D extractions.
• Experience of working as a CAD Technician within a Bridges team.
• Ability to produce all 2D and 3D design information required for any type of structure.
• Experienced with CAD and Revit.
• RC detailing experience is preferable.
• AECOsim experience is highly desirable but training can be provided on this.
• Knowledge and experience of BS1192 relevant standards would be preferable.
• Educated to HNC level or equivalent in a relevant subject.
• Ideally you'll be working towards ITech or equivalent.
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow. AECOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.