|Job Ref:||140457BR||Employer:||AECOM||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Edinburgh||Address:||Post Code:||EH3||Post Date:||30/09/2016 11:49|
Why Choose AECOM?
AECOM is a premier, fully integrated professional and technical services firm positioned to design, build, finance and operate infrastructure assets around the world for public- and private-sector clients. With nearly 100,000 employees - including architects, engineers, designers, planners, scientists and management and construction services professionals - serving clients in over 150 countries around the world, AECOM is ranked as the #1 engineering design firm by revenue in Engineering News-Record magazine's annual industry rankings, and has been recognized by Fortune magazine as a World's Most Admired Company. The firm is a leader in all of the key markets that it serves, including transportation, facilities, environmental, energy, oil and gas, water, high-rise buildings and government. AECOM provides a blend of global reach, local knowledge, innovation and technical excellence in delivering customized and creative solutions that meet the needs of clients' projects. A Fortune 500 firm, AECOM companies, including URS Corporation and Hunt Construction Group, have annual revenue of approximately $19 billion. More information on AECOM and its services can be found at NA.
About the Business Line
We create comprehensive delivery solutions for water, wastewater and wet weather systems, desalination, water resources, water reuse, tunneling, and community infrastructure through traditional and alternative delivery services such as program management and design-build.
We are currently recruiting for a Clean Water Network Modeller / Hydraulic Modeller to join our busy Clean Water Infrastructure Team in our centrally located Edinburgh office.
The team tackles a wide variety of projects located both in the UK and overseas for a range of private and public clients. This is an ideal opportunity for a suitably experienced Hydraulic Modeller to develop their career and assist in the technical direction and future development and growth of this team.
As a Clean Water Network Modeller / Hydraulic Modeller your responsibilities will include:
• Lead single and multi-disciplined projects as task leader.
• Prepare and take responsibility for project engineering solutions.
• Preparation of technical reports and specifications and check work/specifications of sub-ordinates.
• Assist senior management in the preparation of technical and financial proposals.
• Liaise with government departments, local authorities, water and utility companies, Environment Agency and other public bodies and deliver necessary approvals.
• Contribute with respect to technical development, market sectors and processes.
• Develop client relationships, secure repeat business work where possible and actively seek new work from existing clients.
• Data Analysis and Field Test Planning.
• Health & Safety Risk Assessments.
• Coordinating Field Teams.
• Model Build and Calibration.
• Scenario Runs (Peak Day, Water Quality).
• Producing reports and technical documents.
• Undertaking site investigation works.
• Experience using Infoworks WS and ArcGIS.
• Awareness of commercial aspects of projects and the ability to design technical specifications and scopes of works for projects.
• Experience of technically reviewing projects, providing design and optioneering input, and in preparation of proposals.
• Experience running a specific team of project engineers and technicians with the ability to lead single and multi-disciplined projects as project manager/ task leader.
• Experience assisting senior management in the preparation of technical and financial proposals.
• Experience liaising with government departments, local authorities, water and utility companies, Environment Agency and other public bodies.
• A proven track record developing client relationships and securing repeat business work.
• Excellent oral and written communication, team work, management and client liaison skills.
• Computer software literate including MSWord, MSExcel.
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow. AECOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.