Overview: At NTT DATA, we know that with the right people on board, anything is possible. The quality, integrity, and commitment of our employees have been key factors in our company's growth and market presence. By hiring the best people and helping them grow both professionally and personally, we ensure a bright future for NTT DATA and for the people who work here.|
A group company within NTT DATA currently seeks a Network Administrator to join our team in Brooklyn, NY.
Position Functions or Responsibilities:
- Maintains the Wide Area Network (WAN) including connectivity, servers, applications and network hardware and software to ensure system stability, reliability, availability and connectivity to the user community.
- Troubleshoots and recommends improvements to network including operating systems and related software and provides tactical and strategic input to overall network planning and related projects.
- Isolates and resolves network problems in a timely manner
Works with vendors and resolves network outages in a timely fashion in order to meet internal SLAs and / or Metrics Manages the NOC's trouble ticket queues and associated processes
- Configures and supports the following in a large production environment
- Cisco Series Routers, including but not limited to Cisco 3600, 3700, 3800 and 7000 series routers
- Cisco Catalyst Switches, including but not limited to, Catalyst 2900, 3500 and 3700 series, (including Power switches, 6500 series)
- Performs analysis of the Transmission Control Protocol/Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) networking communication protocol and configures and maintains network switches, VLAN's, Servers, Routers, Controllers, Cisco Wireless Access Points, Load Balancers (CSS, F5 & Extreme) Cisco Secure PIX Firewalls (520/525) and Cisco ASA Firewalls
- Troubleshoots Wide Area Networking protocols/technologies such as T1, T3, Frame-Relay, ATM, and Metro-Ethernet as well as assessing cabling issues such as Token Ring, Ethernet, and Fiber Optic
- Supports Layer 2 & 3 IP addressing and associated sub-netting
Performs complex technical tasks associated with the creation of new network designs
- Executes routing protocols such as BGP, RIPv2, EIGRP, OSPF, etc.
- Maintains and supports on-line databases, various network applications (e.g. Visio, etc.), and network management platforms (e.g. HP Openview, Nagios, CiscoWorks, Airwave, Netflow, Netcool, Cisco Unity Operations Manager, etc,) deployed on the internet, intranet, client-server and mainframe platforms
- Serves as the lead technical resource person in the diagnosis and correction of LAN and WAN problems for all school-based and administrative personnel. This includes failure analysis in a complex networking environment which may include mainframe applications, web applications, traditional wide area & DWDM SONET telecommunications network
- Communicates effectively with end users and external vendors on all aspects of both LAN/WAN related issues while using a Call/Ticket management ticketing system Performs day-to-day network administration tasks including network equipment installation, configuration, and upgrades, testing and troubleshooting
- Diagnoses problems, verifying servers/switches/router status, testing device connectivity, path trace, etc., using different network monitoring software, such as CiscoWorks.
- Provides documentation and tactical assistance regarding developmental, technical and operational support.
- Monitors firewall performance and integrity and maintains and resolves all internet related technical issues.
- Prepares network diagrams, floor plans and schematics using Visio.
- Provide operational support for IPDVS infrastructure related issues
This is a full-time salaried position with a group company within NTT DATA. Please note, 1099 or corp-2-corp contractors will NOT be considered. This position is only available to those interested in direct staff employment opportunities. We offer a full comprehensive benefits package that starts from your first day of employment.
- 7 years of experience in troubleshooting routers, switches and firewalls
- 7 years of experience in installing routers, switches and firewalls
- 7 years of experience with Cisco networking devices such as routers, switches firewalls and wireless controllers
- 7 years of experience with the following networking protocols: BGP, RIPv2, OSPF, EIGRP, DNS, HTTP, and NAT
- 7 years of experience troubleshooting Wide Area Networking protocols/technologies such as T1, T3, Frame-Relay, ATM, and Metro-Ethernet
- 7 years of extensive networking industry experience in handling various switched and routed data networks & protocols in a multi-platform environment
- 7 years of experience with SONET architecture and deployment using DWDM technology and monitoring tools.
About NTT DATA
NTT DATA is your Innovation Partner anywhere around the world. With business operations in more than 35 countries, we put emphasis on long-term commitment and combine global reach and local intimacy to provide premier professional services from consulting, system development, business process and IT outsourcing to cloud-based solutions.
Visit NA to learn how our consultants, projects, managed services, and outsourcing engagements deliver value for a range of businesses and government agencies.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit and business needs. The Company will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, citizenship, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability, veteran or marital status, or any other class protected by law. To comply with applicable laws ensuring equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with a disability, the Company will make reasonable accommodations for the known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified individual with a disability who is an applicant or an employee unless undue hardship to the Company would result.
Options: Apply for this job online Apply
Refer this job to a friend Refer
Share on your newsfeed