|Job Ref:||TWMA-UKDY01212479||Employer:||Bombardier Inc.||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Derby||Address:||Post Code:||DE1||Post Date:||30/09/2016 22:05|
Bombardier Transportation is a global engineering company that's shaping the evolution of mobility. We have a rich heritage behind us, but it's our innovative approach that puts us at the forefront of our industry. At the heart of everything are our employees and our suppliers, with whom mobility truly begins. Join us at our major site in Derby and take pride in working on quality, leading-edge projects that drive your career forward.|
We are currently looking to recruit a Project Quality Assurance Engineer (m/f) based in the Derby, United Kingdom.
The Project Quality Assurance Engineer supports the Project Quality Lead as a representative in the Project Core Team. In this role, the PQA drives the Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP) and assures that all processes meet customer requirements. He/She will also assure the delivery of all Quality deliverables at the project gates according to the agreed acceptance criteria and will alert and, if necessary, block any non-conforming products or documents from being released.
• Review customer specifications and define quality requirements (compliance to law, standards, product history book content, etc) for project execution. Define and maintain Project Quality Management Plan (PQMP) which includes the Advance product quality planning (APQP) specific requirements.
• Produce/support sub-plans when required, such as Software Quality Plan, Audit Plan, Inspection and Test Plan. Regular interaction with cross functional teams will be a large part of this role
• Conduct project audits to monitor compliance to customer contract and compliance to the change management, configuration management and other business processes.
• Support the project during external audits by customer, BT Group and/or third parties
• Responsible for ensuring timely delivery of the Quality related deliverables at the right specification and acceptance criteria. Therefore, the PQA will ensure coordination and governance of the various Quality roles.
• Manage the Quality Function records related to project/contract. Monitor the performance KPI's for the project ensuring that reviews/checklists are used and that tracking of open actions is done.
• Participate in Gate Reviews, MOR meetings, CCB, Core Team meetings, Lessons Learned meetings
• Manage the non-conforming products and quality related customer complaints, including issuing corrective action requests / preventative action recommendations and managing / tracking of corrective action requests.
• Ensure First Article Inspection, First System Installation Inspections by the Customer - Internal or external, as well as co-ordinating open items management.
• PQE has responsibility to reject or block any non-conforming deliverables which could result in safety or quality related problems
• Degree in Engineering or Management
• At least some experience in a relevant/similar role in quality.
• Strong working knowledge of Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP)
• Experience and understanding of project auditing, gate review and configuration management
• Excellent problem solving skills
• Ability to facilitate FMEA (systems, design, process) is desirable
• Root cause analysis knowledge (like 8D, Kepner Tragoe) is desirable
• Project management experience would be beneficial
• Fluent in English
Bombardier Transportation is an Equal Opportunity Employer Dedicated to Affirmative Action and Workforce Diversity. We thank all of our applicants, nevertheless only the qualified candidates will be contacted.
Your ideas move people.
Posting date: 04.10.2016
Closing date: 03.11.2016
Competitive salary range
Number of working hours: 37