Why Choose AECOM?
AECOM is a premier, fully integrated professional and technical services firm positioned to design, build, finance and operate infrastructure assets around the world for public- and private-sector clients. With nearly 100,000 employees - including architects, engineers, designers, planners, scientists and management and construction services professionals - serving clients in over 150 countries around the world, AECOM is ranked as the #1 engineering design firm by revenue in Engineering News-Record magazine's annual industry rankings, and has been recognized by Fortune magazine as a World's Most Admired Company. The firm is a leader in all of the key markets that it serves, including transportation, facilities, environmental, energy, oil and gas, water, high-rise buildings and government. AECOM provides a blend of global reach, local knowledge, innovation and technical excellence in delivering customized and creative solutions that meet the needs of clients' projects. A Fortune 500 firm, AECOM companies, including URS Corporation and Hunt Construction Group, have annual revenue of approximately $19 billion. More information on AECOM and its services can be found at NA.
About the Business Line
Our team of environment specialists offers clients expertise in air quality, impact analysis and permitting, environmental health and safety management consulting/due diligence, remediation consulting/engineering and construction/site restoration, specialty and emerging technologies, waste services and water and natural resources.
AECOM's Piscataway, NJ office is currently seeking an Environmental Technician I to support environmental field services work including soil, soil vapor, sediment, surface water, and groundwater sampling, as well as operations and maintenance of treatment systems at various privately-owned industrial/manufacturing client properties in NJ, Southern NY and Eastern PA. This is a part-time variable position, meaning work days and times will be determined on an as-needed basis.
Responsibilities for this position include but are not limited to:
- Coordination with task and project managers, working with on-site subcontractors and field staff, supporting sampling, data collection, and field documentation
- Specific duties include assisting with project execution with oversight from the task and site managers, developing staging and mobilization/scheduling plans, task listings, logistical plans and equipment inventories for field sampling events, preparing field journal entries, maintaining photo-documentation in accordance with standard practices and expectations, developing and maintaining field logs in support of environmental investigations and various operations and maintenance activities associated with treatment systems.
- Specific field work includes soil, vapor, and groundwater sampling, aquifer testing, maintenance of soil and groundwater treatment systems, compilation of field data, and various operations and maintenance activities associated with treatment systems
- Work independently with minimal supervision, but will always be teamed with another Technician
- Interaction with client may be necessary
- While these tasks will make up the majority of the work assignments, additional activities may include various types of project administrative and support tasks
- Report to multiple, assigned task managers and work under the purview of Environmental Project and Program Managers
- Capable of understanding technical work requirements with minimal training, explanation and oversight
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Transport Worker Identification Cards (TWIC)
- 1 years of work experience performing entry-level industrial or plant work; or collecting or using environmental data; or performing operations and maintenance activities associated with treatment systems
- Must pass a State and Federal criminal history/security background check; many projects/clients are security sensitive
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen
- Must participate in and successfully complete a post-offer, pre-employment fitness for duty questionnaire
- Must possess a valid driver's license and clean driving record
- Candidate must be able to meet the medical clearance requirements of an OSHA (HAZWOPER) medical surveillance physical examination
- Flexibility to work all shifts, including extended hours/12 hour shifts more than five days per week
- Ability to travel on a daily basis and for extended periods as required
- Excellent work ethic and team-player attitude
- Strong attention to detail, with proven ability to follow specific instructions
- An ability to effectively express his or herself orally and in writing to other project staff
- Basic computer skills; Microsoft Office applications
- Physically fit for job duties that may include working in outdoor environments with uneven terrain and variable weather conditions, and indoor environments that may include climbing stairs, ladders and scaffolding
- Position may include hand bailing groundwater wells, using portable tools, and wearing associated personal protective equipment
- Trade certification, Associates Degree(s) and/or Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or Science
- First Aid/CPR training completion
- 40 Hour HAZWOPER completion is preferred; Selected candidate will be required to complete 40 hour HAZWOPER training or annual refresher class
- Proficiency in MS Project, MS Access, AutoCAD, and/or ArcGIS software suites
- Experience or knowledge of environmental regulations including CERCLA, RCRA, and state/local regulatory agency requirements, quality control/quality assurance, familiarity with USACE, NAVFAC and/or AFCEC protocols and SOPs, analytical laboratory custody, pilot testing, construction, and/or certifications in storm water management/compliance
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow.
AECOM is an equal opportunity employer and Minorities, Females, Veterans, and Disabled persons are encouraged to apply. For further information, please click here to view the EEO Is The Law poster.