|Job Ref:||dm01chelmscom||Employer:||Randstad||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Chelmsford||Address:||Salary:||£ 65,000 - £ 70,000 per year, Full benefits package||Post Date:||22/10/2016 00:38|
Design Manager - Chelmsford, Essex - £65,000-£70,000|
Are you a Design Manager with main contracting experience? Have you had experience on commercial projects as a Design Manager? Are you looking for a permanent position with an award winning main contractor?
If the answer is yes, then this is a fantastic opportunity not to be missed.
Benefits of this company include:
* Low staff turnover
* Lots of projects secured
* Almost recession proof company due to the clients they are working with
* Fantastic salary
* Full benefits package including health, pension and car/car allowance
* Growing business hence this Design Manager opportunity arising
* Site based position so perfect for a Design Manager who wants to see the project evolve
* Internal progression with this company hence the low staff turnover
Responsibilities of the successful Design Manager include:
* Assist in the production of contractors proposals
* Design Programme
* Value Engineering
* Review of the Design with respect to mitigating H&S issues prior to construction
* Management of the Design on site
* Chair Design Team Meetings
The successful Design Manager will be required to:
* Have design skills
* Negotiation skills
* Strong knowledge of construction materials and methodologies
* Good knowledge of planning techniques, value creation and procurement
* Good knowledge of contracts and contractual documentation
* Good health and safety knowledge and environmental legislation issues
* Show longevity to previous employers
My client is looking to review CV's as soon as possible, please contact me directly for more information.
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.
skills Design Manager
qualification HND/HNC/Degree in Architecture or construction related qualification