The Riyadh Metro project is a consortium led by Bechtel which includes Almabani General Contractors, Consolidated Contractors Company and Siemens.|
The consortium will be responsible for the design, construction, train cars, signalling, electrification and integration of Lines 1 and 2 of the new Riyadh Metro system.
Line 1 will stretch from north to south across Riyadh, covering 24 miles (38km). It will include 22 stations and four transfer stations where it will connect with other new metro lines. Much of Line 1 will be underground.
In contrast, Line 2 will be built mostly on a raised strip in the median of the planned freeway. This line will run east to west and will extend more than 15.7 miles (25km) with 13 stations and three transfer stations.
The new lines will feature stations powered by renewable energy and fully automatic trains.
The contract is the largest engineering, procurement, and construction (EPC) contract in Bechtel's history and these lines, along with four others, will form the backbone of Riyadh's new public transportation network.
- The Engineering/Commissioning Coordinator will support the Riyadh Metro project, providing the Primary interface between Project Engineering and The Test and Commissioning Team.
- The Engineering / Commissioning Coordinator will support plant start-up and commissioning by providing the conduit with Engineering in order to facilitate the timely transfer of information needed by The Commissioning Team, this also includes providing information from Commissioning to Engineering.
- Facilitating the handover documentation that may be required.
- Attend meetings as required to support the project.
- Provide input to engineering on revisions required to system descriptions, vendor operating and maintenance manuals, etc. based on Commissioning input from their review of documents.
- Participate in system turnover walk-downs as required for both Construction and Client turnovers; initiate, track and resolve punch-list items for assigned areas of responsibility;
- Using well developed interpersonal skills to interact closely and frequently with Engineering, Commissioning and Project Management.
- Use Microsoft Word, Excel, Access and Bechtel Standard Applications such as Aconex in the execution of work assignments;
- Work hours as required, including shift-work, overtime, weekends and holidays as necessary to support the project;
- Perform other duties as directed in support of project activities
Expected Assignment duration is approximately 3 years at the Riyadh Metro jobsite in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia.
- A bachelor's degree in engineering, a hard science or mathematics from an accredited college or university, or a current or previously held industry or military license/certification/qualification in electrical work, or a sufficient number of specialized courses in an appropriate engineering or scientific discipline to meet the job requirements, or extensive progressive work experience in the power generation industry;
- Experience in the Commissioning of utility scale projects such as Power, Petro-Chemicals or Rail,
- Experience in Rail Commissioning is a plus.
- Must be able to walk at least 3 miles per day over uneven ground.
- Must be able to attain the right to work and remain in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.