Occidental Petroleum Corporation (NYSE: OXY) is an international oil and gas exploration and production company, and its Oxy Midstream and Marketing subsidiary gathers, processes, transports, stores, purchases and markets oil, condensate, natural gas liquids, natural gas, carbon dioxide and power. We are one of the largest U.S. oil and gas companies, based on equity market capitalization, with more than 40,000 employees and contractors worldwide. |
Centurion Pipeline is an oil-gathering, common carrier pipeline and storage system within the Midstream organization and operates approximately 2,750 miles of crude oil pipelines.
Our greatest asset has been and will continue to be our people. We are looking for an experienced and motivated individual to fill the position of Corrosion Tech based in Midland, Texas.
- Run cathodic protection field surveys; including the soil resistivity survey, potential survey, insulation effectiveness survey, coating / wrapping integrity, holiday detection surveys.
- Perform coatings & linings integrity surveys and inspection, both visually and by standard instruments.
- Responsible for chemical treatment maintenance including field surveys and coordinating chemical field trials for products such as demulsifiers, biocides, corrosion inhibitors.
- Corrosion monitoring including installation of the access fittings and the monitoring elements. Monitoring elements retrieval, insertion and maintenance. The monitor types include the weight loss coupons, electrical resistance probes, linear polarization probes.
- Conduct periodic NDT surveys by Ultrasonic on the equipment and vessels.
- Must have and be able to communicate a thorough knowledge of federal, state and local regulatory requirements in the Corrosion and Cathodic protection area.
- Prepare and maintain departmental data regarding corrosion research for HES and Operations staff using hard copy as well as computer based data systems. Process corrosion documents into company records system.
- Other duties assigned as required.
Oxy is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Individual with Disability/Veteran Status
- High School grad or G.E.D.
- 2 Year Technical Degree in Corrosion Technology or similar field of study is preferred.
- Must have valid drivers license with a good driving record.
- 5 or more years pipeline/oilfield related experience is preferred.
- A demonstrated proactive attitude for personal safety and the safety of co-workers, and the public.
- Ability to travel overnight possibly up to 25%.
- Excellent interpersonal, teamwork and communication skills.
- Excellent knowledge of regulatory requirements and the federal, state and local levels in corrosion areas.
- Ability to implement company programs in harmony with regulatory requirements to yield a safe, healthy and environmentally benign work place for company employees and contractors.
- Ability to work with employees, contractors and the public to continually reduce safety and environmental incidents.
- Preferably NACE certified.
- Previous exposure to non destructive testing and/or non destructive evaluation