|Job Ref:||28483BR||Employer:||Black & Veatch||Job Type:||Permanent||City:||US||Address:||Post Date:||20/10/2016 01:02|
This is a newly created role will report to the Senior VP, Global Strategic Accounts Programs. This role will lead Black & Veatch enterprise business development with specific key global client(s) in the Critical Human Infrastructure (Power, Water, Oil/Gas, Telecommunications, and Consulting) marketplace in support of our 2020 strategic intent and beyond. Initial focus will be with Industrial client base tied to EPC Power, Water, Oil/Gas, and Telecommunications or other related needs. The Client Director will be responsible for establishing and implementing robust and leading edge strategic business development strategies and sales efforts for the assigned accounts.. This role will be responsible for leading business capture and maintaining/expanding ongoing relations with existing contacts, identify and meet with key client personnel and decision makers, and establish and encourage relationships between Clients and B&V operating personnel. This role will work with management to identify resources needed to secure work from clients, maintain good understanding of client business needs and upcoming projects from our business lines (Power, Oil & Gas, Water, Telecom, Special Projects, and Management Consulting), and maintain pulse of industry business cycles and prioritize sales efforts toward high potential projects. This role will also serve to coordinate between business development, the business lines, the Country leadership teams, and Corporate. This role represents an exciting opportunity to join an organization that is continually growing, evolving, and looking to double annual revenues. |
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
• Provide overall leadership of the Client Development & Sales function within assigned key account(s) to maximize the strategic sales effort across all B&V business lines.
• Responsible for the execution of Business Development efforts within assigned key accounts across all countries and provide leadership through effective objective setting, and communication.
• Be a sales leader facilitating new business capture.
• Partner with Business Line Leadership and country leaders based in the Americas, EMEA and APAC to ensure consistency in the delivery of business development efforts with key assigned account(s).
• Develop integrated Business Development planning/sales models to ensure integrated approach to key account(s).
• Use integral business development sales platforms including Miller Heiman, and Microsoft CRM Dynamic sales tools
• BS/BA degree required.
• Minimum of 10 years of Sales and Business Development in the Engineering/Construction or an adjacent industry with a global organization; with an emphasis on establishing and growing key accounts and cross selling across business lines/offerings to those key accounts.
• Experience in infrastructure development within the Power, Water, Oil/Gas, or Telecommunication industries.
• Solid business background and experienced change agent; prior experience working with a Multinational company, preferably with a US headquarters.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Preferred Job Qualifications
• MBA or equivalent preferred.
• Industrial client base experience tied to EPC Power, Water, Oil/Gas, and Telecommunications related needs.
• Experience collaborating with multiple internal and external stakeholders.
• Able to work in a dynamic organization and is able to effectively interact in a complex matrix organization environment.
• Aware of and adaptive to cultural differences.
• Dynamic and practical hands-on person with a strategic mind-set and experience in relationship management.
• Willing to accept new challenges, deal with ambiguity and focus on results.
• High level of business, contracting, risk and commercial acumen.
• Detail orientated and self-motivated with strong analytical skills.
• Able to work independently as well as to influence and collaborate with others.
• Excellent communication, influencing and interpersonal skills.
• Customer-oriented and collaborative team player with the ability to work independently and collaboratively to meet tight deadlines.
Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority/Disabled/Veterans/Females