|Job Ref:||204609211||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Bristol||Address:||Post Code:||BS5||Salary:||£NEG Negotiable||Post Date:||02/10/2016 02:22|
910591 - Supplier Quality Inspector|
Our client is the UK's leading Engineering Support Services company employing over 27,000 people worldwide operating in the Defence, Mining & Construction, Rail, Nuclear, Energy, Property Management and Education & Training sectors.
They are currently recruiting for the position of Supplier Quality Inspector, based in Ashton Vale, Bristol, England.
* The role holder will have responsibility for inspection of incoming deliveries to the site at Bristol.
* The Inspector will be required to verify compliance with the drawings, standards and technical documentation.
* Verification of product arriving into the company.
* Ability to read technical drawings & manually document findings.
* Reporting transit damage feeding back any issues relating to loading/transport.
* Raise supplier rejects for non-conforming product detected at the goods-in stage.
* Liaise with the project department to help resolve queries when required.
* Support Supplier Quality Engineers where appropriate.
* Co-operate with management to meet the employer's legal duties and take reasonable care of their own health and safety and that of others who may be affected by their acts or omissions.
* Support quality activities within project time lines.
Skills & Experience
* Proven experience working in an inspection environment - desirable
* Engineering background with sound metro logy skills - preferable
* Use of basic inspection, test and measuring equipment - training can be provided.
* Familiar with general non-conformance processes.
* Basic understanding of Microsoft Office packages.
* Good knowledge of Health and Safety practices in the workplace.
* Previous experience within the Defence industry would be an advantage although not essential.
* Where required additional training will be given to the successful candidate.
* Excellent attention to detail.
* Pro-active and able to work without close supervision individually and as part of a team.
* Able to use initiative in order to meet tight deadlines.
* Be able to adapt to meet changing priorities and deadlines.
* Have good communicating skills.
This is a contract position for approximately 3 months.
The rate for this position is negotiable.
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference 910591