|Job Ref:||204609397||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||East Sussex||City:||East Sussex||Address:||Post Code:||TN33||Salary:||£30000 - £40000/annum 6% pension, BUPA Healthcare||Post Date:||02/10/2016 02:22|
NPI Engineer - BOM, manufacturing documentation, product introduction and launch |
An NPI Engineer with project management, manufacturing BOM and experience of an assembly environment is required to work a permanent basis for our Engineering client based in Brighton.
This is a position that can give a career driven engineer the progression they are looking for as the client have a track record of ensuring that development is put right at the top of priorities.
Overview of the NPI Engineer role
Reporting into a recently hired manager, you will work as part of team that will support new product launches and play a crucial role with the production operations team.
Key skills required for the NPI position:
* Previous experience of BOM (Bill of Material)
* Background of working within an assembly environment
* A degree in manufacturing engineering or a combination of relevant education and work experience in an NPI envrionment
* Project management experience
* Background of working with design engineers
Responsibilities of the NPI Engineer:
* Co-ordinate the launch of New Products and small projects into manufacturing through a controlled tollgate process, in conjunction with Engineering and Supply Chain
* Providing DFM Input on NPI Projects to Design Engineering Team
* Track and report on Product Costs related to NPI in conjunction with Manufacturing processes
* Work with Supply Chain to achieve product target costs.
* Obtaining and coordinating all Manufacturing Documentation for NPI
* Working with Manufacturing to support NPI builds through various development phases
* Represent and provide updates for the Operations team on various NPI project teams
* Seek for best practices through continuous improvement tools to minimize product and project costs
* Ability to track progress through the use of project management tools
* Co-ordination with the Supply Chain team to deliver manufacturing parts within project timescale
If you are an NPI Engineer looking for a new role either apply online or if would like to find out about other NPI/CI/Quality opportunities please contact Joe Lanigan-Smith on (Apply online only)
Do you know anyone who might be looking for a new role? You could benefit from our candidate referral scheme. Contact me on the above contact details for more information.
Outsource. Our People. Your Success.
Outsource UK is one of the country's largest and most successful independent recruitment consultancies, specialising in the IT, Digital, Financial Services and Engineering sectors.
We recruit talented people for contract and permanent opportunities, offer a consultative approach and have a reputation for providing a superior service to both clients and candidates.
The business focuses on building long lasting relationships based on reliability and trust. We do this by hiring and retaining a great team of recruitment consultants who listen and understand our client's and candidate's needs.
Our Manchester office (which covers the whole of the UK) provides a "one-stop shop" to clients and candidates operating in the engineering and manufacturing sectors and, in addition to Engineers, we source and provide temporary/contract and permanent opportunities for IT, Programme Management and Support Professionals (including Procurement / Purchasing / Supply Chain, HR, Finance and Administrative Support).
Please visit our website (url removed)