|Job Ref:||204609456||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Stone||Address:||Post Code:||HP17||Post Date:||24/10/2016 10:56|
Business Development Engineer|
Transmission & Distribution
Summary of Role:
My client is a leading company involved in advanced automation and real-time business intelligence specialising in Automation, Control, IT Solutions and Services. They operate within major industries such as Nuclear, Power Generation, Utilities and Transmission markets.
My client is looking for a bright, enthusiastic and experienced engineer to join their proposal team. A successful candidate shall be technically knowledgeable and experienced from either a software or hardware background in a solution delivery or sales environment.
* Working with the Business Development Managers (BDMs) to provide technical support, system architectures, cost estimates and ensuring compliance to internal bid governance rules and procedures.
* Specialising in particular business sector(s) based on your experience and knowledge; however you may also get the opportunity to work across all the business sectors as part of the team.
* Support the BDMs through meetings with clients to understand their needs and demonstrate market/technical expertise as part of a bid process.
* Develop and maintain strong relationships with technology providers to understand the latest technologies and to ensure compliant deliverable solutions are developed.
* Carry out surveys on client sites as required to identify scope, scale, implementation philosophies, etc
* Produce subcontract specifications, in liaison with procurement, for providers to quote against and reviewing their tender returns for compliance and value.
* Produce detailed proposal documents that are well structured, contain the main selling messages and differentiators that highlight the edge over competition.
* Potential involvement in research and development activities related to specific propositions and solutions. This also includes maintaining strong relationships with Alliance partners.
* Liaising with 3rd party suppliers, producing Subcon specifications for them to quote against and reviewing their submission.
* A Software or Hardware engineering background with a good understanding of the engineering processes used in the development and execution of successful solutions.
* A natural curiosity to learn new technologies and solutions.
* Experience in effective time management to meet tight deadlines.
* Capable of working on own initiative.
* Ability to work to deadlines and to manage time efficiently.
* Good communications skills.
* Have a naturally positive can do attitude to solving client solution issues.
* Target oriented - understands targets and demonstrate a structured approach on how to achieve them.
If you feel you have the required desire, skill-set and experience for the Business Development Engineer role please apply with an up to date CV via the Link below or alternatively contact Jay Shields on (Apply online only) or email