|Job Ref:||204609528||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Hertfordshire||City:||Hatfield||Address:||Post Code:||DN7||Salary:||£40000 - £50000/annum Ecellent Salary||Post Date:||02/10/2016 02:22|
£40-50K plus pension, training & development
I am currently looking to recruit a Systems Engineer to join my client based in Hertfordshire.
Working within Technical Engineering, supporting the Engineering R&D deliver of technical innovation products into existing infrastructure or newly commissioned infrastructure.
The System engineer will help with the development of range of products and systems from the R&D group. They will architect systems, define and document system and sub-system interfaces. Work with the technical leads to follow best system engineering practices.
Roles & Responsibilities
This position is to ensure that best engineering practices are followed for products developed by the R&D Engineering team.
• The System Engineer is required to help define the architecture new products and define the interfaces.
• Translate customer requirements into system and sub-system specifications.
• Define and apportion tolerances between subsystems.
• Tolerance studies and system modelling.
• Participate in engineering stage gate reviews.
• Actively participate in the Patent process for the Engineering Team.
• The place of work is Welwyn Garden City, but the role will require presence at other UK and international locations.
We are looking for:
• An engineering/ science qualification, to Degree level.
• Experience of system engineering in new product development in areas such as high volume manufacture, automotive, or FMCG.
• Understanding of tolerance studies and critical parameter management.
• Good technical ability (or experience) relating to complicated electro-mechanical systems.
• Experiences in system engineering tools including functional block diagrams, data flow diagrams, V-model of system engineering, design of experiments.
• Experience in structured problem solving ishikawa diagrams, management by fact process, FMEAs etc.
• Ability to build relationships from shop floor to management level, identify and clearly communicate key information and tailor the communication for the audience.
• Prioritise issues, communicate reasoning and negotiate for resources when needed.
• Both technical and commercial awareness.
• Ability to design & propose alternative solutions when faced with barriers.
• Understanding of product reliability and reliability testing.
If you have the above skills and wish to be considered for this position or find out more details then please submit your CV.
We will endeavour to contact all applicants however if you do not hear from me within two weeks then unfortunately you have been unsuccessful