|Job Ref:||204609543||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Northamptonshire||City:||Northamptonshire||Address:||Post Code:||NN13||Post Date:||24/10/2016 10:56|
Working in the company facility near Kettering, the Quality Manager will be a key member of the Division, providing essential quality assurance support and timely reports to our customers whilst working closely with the internal team, to ensure that corrective actions are implemented effectively as well as working proactively to deliver improvements to processes and products.
The main duties will be:
• Responsible for the Quality Policy & ongoing Quality Strategy for the Automotive Division.
• To liaise with internal & external customers in order to enhance relationships and resolve quality issues in a timely manner by using core tools, 8D, root cause analysis and other problem solving techniques.
• Provide timely and accurate reports and presentations to internal and external customer
• To liaise with and manage the internal team to ensure that corrective actions are implemented effectively
• To maintain the relevant accreditations.
• To lead and carry out problem solving exercises to conclusion
• To continually review and improve internal systems & procedures to ensure "right first time" philosophy is adopted.
• Complete internal and external Audits
• To establish & maintain appropriate KPI's for Quality
• To travel to customer and supplier sites as and when required
The successful applicant must have:
• 5 - 10 years' experience in an Automotive Environment - ideally machining and castings
• Management experience (the role will manage teams of Inspectors and CMM operators)
• Working experience of implementing & Maintaining a Quality Management System - ISO9000 / TS16949 / ISO 14001
• Previous experience of direct customer liaison
• Extensive experience and knowledge or problem solving tools and techniques
• Excellent communication (written and spoken) skills
• Excellent writing, training and presentation skills
• Excellent PC skills with a good working knowledge of Word, Excel, PowerPoint & ideally Project.
The company is a leading multi site Tier 1 component supplier, specialising in casting, machining and assembly of cast and forged parts, in-house design and manufacture of jigs, fixtures and special purpose machinery. They can produce small to large components to a high level of complexity and variety.
With a turnover in excess of £50million, and with investment in state-of-the-art engineering solutions, they provide an excellent service that meets their customers' requirements. As part of this the company aspires to have ISO/TS16949:2002 (2nd Edition) accreditation across all sites by the end of 2016