|Job Ref:||204607931||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Hampshire||City:||Southampton||Address:||Post Code:||SO14||Salary:||£0.00 - £350/day||Post Date:||24/10/2016 10:53|
Infrastructure Engineer/ Southampton/ Initial 3 month contract/ £350Ltd Per Day|
My client is a well respected engineering organisation who is currently experiencing an ongoing period of growth and success. Due to an ever increasing workload, they are currently looking to recruit an Infrastructure Engineer to join their dedicated team of professionals to be based out of their impressive operations in Southampton, Hampshire. This is an initial 3 Month contract and is paying a rate of £350Ltd per day. Please find the role description below:
The successful candidate must have a strong technical knowledge supporting Core Infrastructure Services within a 2nd or 3rd line capacity.
Administer and maintain Active Directory, Exchange, Lync and Citrix environments, encompassing XenApp, Exchange/Lync 2010/2013, Windows 2008R2/2012R2 and ADDS infrastructures. In support of these activities, capacity and performance management will also be a requirement.
The candidate should be able to demonstrate a strong track record working within a large estate with associated technologies in both a support and project capacity. The successful candidate should be eager to learn and able to contribute within the existing team.
Providing technical support and analysis for my client in some, if not all of the following technical disciplines:
* Citrix XenApp 4.5, 5.0, 6.0 and 6.5, Provisioning Service and NetScaler infrastructures to agreed operational standards
* Thin computing management processes
* Active Directory and ARS environments covering multiple domains for a user base in excess of 25,000+
* Exchange 2010/2013 on going support, configuration and capacity management
* Interactive Intelligence call manager (not essential)
* DA administration (not essential)
* Varonis administration covering DatAdvanatge and DataPrivilege (not essential)
* SCOM knowledge (not essential)
* VMware (not essential)
* Production of Operational and Technical Documentation to agreed standards.
* Production of management reports detailing farm performance and capacity trends
* Application deployment, testing and support across multiple Citrix infrastructures and security zones
* Assist 2nd and 1st line colleagues
* Provide 24/7 on-call support for the Wintel server services.
* Conduct morning checks Monday - Friday
* Support, maintain and administer third party applications where applicable.
* Enforce change management and compliance processes.
* Install, configure and maintain server hardware and operating systems.
* Participate in disaster recovery planning, testing and response.
* Perform routine preventative maintenance on all systems on a routine and scheduled basis.
* Provide a point of escalation and support to the 2nd line team.
* Participate in out of hours maintenance activities, as required.
* Monitor Windows servers and troubleshoot problems.
* Work as a technical resource on assigned projects.
* Providing technical and operational guidance to other team members.
* Call stats are maintained at an agreed number.
* Providing technical input in relation to new business opportunities
* Regular review of capacity statistics, identifying trends in traffic flow and levels of service. Proposes capacity changes as required
* Supervise less experienced colleagues, taking responsibility for the overall technical quality of their work
* Any other duties as deemed necessary to achieve department goals
* Citrix XenApp, Active Directory and Exchange environments maintained to agreed standards
* Meet all SLA's and KPI's
* Satisfied customer base
Qualifications & Experience
* Must have a good foundation in Citrix, Exchange, Lync, Active Directory and Windows troubleshooting activities
* Experience in implementation, maintenance and disaster recovery
* Core windows server 2003, 2008/R2 2012 and 2012R2 infrastructure
* Exchange 2010/2013 administration and maintenance
* BES and Good for Mobile
* Lync 2010/2013 VOIP and IM administration and maintenance
* Active Directory/ARS
* Varonis DatAdvantage and DataPrivilege
* Microsoft Failover Clustering
* Citrix XenApp 4.5 , 5.0, 6.0 and 6.5
* Good working knowledge of Citrix printing, ICA Client management and deployment experience
* Working knowledge of Thin client devices including Wyse
* IT management processes
* Future thin client technologies including virtual desktop infrastructure (VDI)
Please register interest by submitting an up to date CV without delay.
View our latest jobs today on our website and follow us on Facebook, Twitter & LinkedIn
JAM Recruitment is acting as an employment business with regards to this position