|Job Ref:||204608226||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Hampshire||City:||Andover||Address:||Post Code:||SP10||Post Date:||02/10/2016 02:20|
Engineering Maintenance Technician - Material Handling / Automation / Manufacturing
I am currently looking to recruit an Engineering Maintenance Technician to join my client based in Andover, Hampshire.
Engineering Technicians play an important part in supporting the operation in our state of the art, automated Distribution Warehouse, providing 1st response to engineering fault conditions, reactive and planned maintenance activities as well as proactive improvement works.
The role will involve:
• Carrying out planned maintenance across the site in an accurate, timely and safe manner ensuring maintenance procedures are followed
• Update records of work activities, tasks carried out, parts used through stores and training given
• Work closely with manufacturers, suppliers and internal departments in finding ways to improve process and increase machine reliability and performance
• Respond to and diagnose equipment breakdowns, resolving issues and actioning repairs
• Perform daily housekeeping and cleaning duties of equipment
• Analyse data to find solutions to improve MHE performance, providing reports where necessary
• Complete quality inspections to ensure work is completed to a safe standard
To be considered for this role you will need:
• Some technical ability and understanding relating to automation hardware and software would be preferred, but training can be given
• A formal engineering related qualification would be advantageous
• Demonstrable analytical skills with sound problem solving ability
• Good communication and interpersonal skills, able to impart knowledge effectively to others
• Good organisation skills, able to prioritise
• Knowledge of control systems would also be preferred
• This role involves working at height using a variety of access equipment, so technicians need to be comfortable working at heights
• Please note this role is shift based to support the 24/7 operation of the Warehouse.
If you have the above skills and wish to be considered for this position or find out more details then please submit your CV
We will endeavour to contact all applicants however if you do not hear from me within two weeks then unfortunately you have been unsuccessful