|Job Ref:||204608370||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Nottinghamshire||City:||Nottingham||Address:||Post Code:||NG7||Salary:||£25.00 - £35.00/hour||Post Date:||02/10/2016 02:20|
A Quality Assurance Manager role within a composite manufacturing company developing the company's quality and lean manufacturing systems.|
Role: Quality Assurance Manager
Location: Nottingham, Derby, Ilkeston, Mansfield, Burton upon Trent, Newark on Trent, Loughborough
Salary: circa £40,000
Reporting directly into the Site Leader, the role of the Quality Manager is key to the further development of the company's operations. The role has full responsibility over the company's quality processes / procedures which include:
* The company's overall quality management system.
* Ensure the manufactured items are released to the satisfaction of the customers and airworthiness authorities.
* Assisting with Continuous Improvement and Lean activities throughout the company.
* All audits against AS9100 covering internal audits and managing external customer / industry audit process.
* Leading the company to NADCAP and SABRe 2 accreditation.
* Preparing and completing action plans for new quality accreditations such as NADCAP and SABRe 2.
* Maintaining and improving the company's existing quality procedures comprising of Quality Engineering and inspection.
* Developing robust, transparent quality processes that are fully utilised across the business.
* Experience in FAIRS.
* Working with / developing relationships with customers to ensure all Quality issues are resolved and corrective actions are implemented.
* Ensuring vendor compliance with the requisite quality standards, including OTIF and right first time will be delivered through effective supplier audits and monitoring them against key metrics which will be communicated with the supplier.
* Preparing the annual Quality Departmental budget for agreement with the site leader and the site management team will also be a part of this role.
The ideal candidate will be qualified to a minimum HNC/HND/Degree level in a mechanical engineering or equivalent discipline, an MBA would also be advantageous.
Key candidate requirements for the role include:
* Use of problem solving tools such as 8D
* Exposure to Lean Manufacturing techniques such as 5S, VSM, Kaizen.
Our client is a market leading, established manufacturing business, supplying a global market.
Kensington Consulting is a leading recruitment company specialising in engineering and manufacturing disciplines across all industrial sectors, resulting in consecutive Jobsite Recruit Rank awards in (2009, 2010, 2011 & 2012).
To find out more about Kensington Consulting, click on our logo on the left hand side of this page.
To apply for the position of Quality Manager, please click the Apply Now Button