|Job Ref:||204608598||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Northamptonshire||City:||Northamptonshire||Address:||Post Code:||NN13||Post Date:||24/10/2016 10:55|
My client have combined and are now one of the world's leading engineering professional services consulting firms. Together we provide services to transform the built environment and restore the natural environment, and our expertise ranges from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transport networks, and from developing the energy sources of the future to enabling new ways of extracting essential resources.|
They have approximately 31,500 employees, including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors, program and construction management professionals, and various environmental experts. We are based in more than 500 offices across 39 countries worldwide.
Objective of the role:
• To support a Project Manager in the delivery of delivery of a major highways scheme whilst embedded within the client delivery team.
• To help develop and maintain collaborative working relationships with the project management team, delivery partner, and other suppliers.
Responsibilities of the role:
As required by the project manager, but likely to include:
• Input to and assist with production of monthly project progress and financial reports;
• Active involvement in the project management engagement with the delivery partner, designer and other consultants on all project delivery aspects as directed.
• Support and develop the project's health and safety, and environmental requirements assisting others to ensure delivery;
• Assist and support the project delivery team in the identification and reporting of risk, and opportunities, and its interpretation, evaluation and impact on the scheme
• Ensuring contractual and governance processes are adhered to, and that required timescales for contractual notifications are met by the Client, Project Manager, and Delivery Partner
• Supporting the Project Manager in stakeholder contact and communication
The following behaviours are expected in order to meet our objectives of technical excellence and leadership and support our values:
• Make decisions; communicate and negotiate effectively; recognise and manage risks, work as part of a team;
• Work collaboratively with colleagues, behave as a trusted advisor to contribute to the overall project success.
• Care for colleagues, encouraging their development, engagement and achievement.
Qualifications and Experience:
The following qualifications and experience may be considered representative for an appropriate candidate:
• Degree-qualified in an engineering or project management related discipline;
• Associate or Member of an appropriate professional institution;
• Preferably PRINCE 2 of MAPM qualification, or other
• Basic knowledge and understanding of construction contracts and processes;
• Knowledge of structured project control processes;
• Experience, working either as a client, consultant or contractor, in public and/or private sector environments; preferably in the highways sector
• Typically up to 5 years post graduate experience