|Job Ref:||204608617||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||High Wycombe||Address:||Post Code:||HP11||Salary:||£45000/annum||Post Date:||24/10/2016 10:55|
My well established client is currently seeking a talented Structural Engineer to join their office in High Wycombe. With offices in the UK and Globally you will be an integral part of their growing team with an excellent opportunity to travel.|
Working within the Structural & Architectural Group undertaking the structural design of projects in the non-water sectors; including Industrial, Energy and Commercial Building structures. Working with groups of structural engineers, technicians and architects on a variety of projects to successful construction completion.
- Undertake structural design of industrial projects including Energy (Biomass/EfW), Petrochemical and associated building structures.
- Undertake site surveys, field investigations, condition surveys and feasibility studies for proposed projects and prepare technical reports.
- Provide technical expertise in structural design to meet project needs.
- Undertake structural analysis and design using CSC Fastrak Building Designer.
- Undertake structural design of water infrastructure projects as required.
- Ensure that projects are delivered to the agreed outputs on budget, on time and to quality standards.
- Maintain up to date technical knowledge of survey, design, drafting, project and contract management standards and techniques.
- Reviewing the work of others and mentor less senior members of the team.
- Complete all work in line with Core Values and in accordance with Quality Systems and Project Quality Procedures.
- Ensure designs take account of environmental issues and have full regard for health and safety requirements.
To be successful in this role, you will possess the following;
- Degree qualified (or equivalent) in Structural Engineering, Civil Engineering or other relevant subject.
- A Chartered or Incorporated Member of a relevant engineering institution i.e. IStructE/ICE
- Experienced in Structural Engineering with a good level of practical design experience using Eurocodes
- Have recent practical experience of CSC Fastrak Building Designer or other similar analysis and design software.
- Ability to integrate into a team and provide technical management over other members of the structural design team.
- Experienced level of design decision making.
- Experienced working with Contractors during design and construction phases.
- Computer literate with a good understanding of Microsoft Office.
- Ability to work well in a team and independently.
- Ability and willingness to travel within the UK.
- Strong communication skills - both written and oral.
- Excellent client service focus.
- Exceptional organisational skills and able to multi-task.
Great Benefits and offering an annual salary of around £45,000.
To apply for this position, candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK