|Job Ref:||204609836||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Hertfordshire||City:||Hertfordshire||Address:||Post Code:||WD5||Salary:||£35/hour||Post Date:||24/10/2016 10:57|
We are currently looking for a Senior Drainage Engineer to work for a leading consultancy in Hertfordshire on a contract basis for 6 months.|
The candidate would need to be proficient in the following roles:
AutoCAD Civil 3D
Co-ordination and integration of building foundations and drainage
Section 106 application
Environment agency negotiations
Flood Risk assessments
1. Assist the Project Manager and Associate Director in effectively delivering sustainable, cost
effective and safe infrastructure design solutions for a project or the part of a project you are responsible for.
2. Deliver effective project managed infrastructure designs of a project or part of the project you are responsible for.
3. Maintain technical infrastructure excellence and control of a project or part of a project you are responsible for.
4. Carry out infrastructure design delivery and maintain technical control of a project or part of a project you are responsible for.
5. Manage infrastructure resources with the Associate Director to effectively complete the project or part of a project you are responsible for.
6. Support, guide and train engineer.
7. Understand and implement the clients Safety Health and Environment Policy.
The appropriate level of technical expertise is required in order that the Job/Project Accountabilities listed below can be carried out to the necessary standards and this job description should be viewed in conjunction with that for a Line Manager if appropriate.
1. Receive brief from Project Manager and Associate Director and seek additional information should it be required.
2. Discuss programme and deliverables with the Project Manager and
3. Liaise with departmental specialists to provide further technical
assistance to supplement the infrastructure team capability. This also
include external specialist such as suppliers.
4. Produce feasibility design options and reports to support planning and
5. Produce an outline scheme with alternatives in the form of report and
6. Produce sustainable, cost effective and safe designs, drawings and
specifications including all checking processes identified in the IMS and
for all RIBA stages.
7. Ensure that all calculations are prepared and signed off in accordance
with the requirements of the IMS system, relevant standards and codes
8. Compile design reports and any other contract documents required and
ensure that these are approved and verified by the project manager.
9. Undertake designer's risk assessments as required under the CDM
regulations at the appropriate stages.
10. Carry out site visit / out of office risk assessment and contribute the risk
assessment prepared by the lead project manager.
11. Liaise with the design team, main contractors and sub-contracts. Attend
progress meetings, design team and co-ordination meetings.
12. Liaise with Statutory Authorities to obtain existing information and the
necessary discharge permissions, requirements and connection
13. Respond to tender and construction queries from contractor and team
and respond to requests for information/advice/approval from internal
and external clients.
14. Participate in 'snagging', completion and handover procedures including
the production of O&M Manuals.
15. Keep up to date with legislation and other design codes and practices.
16. Ensure safety health and environment procedures and documentation
are implemented and completed.
1. Complete timesheets on a weekly basis allocating time correctly and
accurately against work stages.
2. Monitor and manage work within financial and programme constraints.
3. Understand commercial constraints and progress on the projects.
1. Ensure implementation of the IMS system, which includes risk
management procedures, QA and financial processes.
2. Understand the commonly used forms of contract and their implications
to the consulting Engineer.
3. Review internal processes for effectiveness and efficiency and suggest
possible areas for improvement where necessary.
4. Understand and implement the client's Health and Safety Policy as
prescribed in IMS.
5. Support the Project Manager and Associate Director in all technical
reviews identified in the IMS.
Please contact Stephen Tiigah - NA for more information