|Job Ref:||204610000||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Kingston upon Thames||Address:||Post Code:||KT2||Salary:||£30000 - £40000/annum||Post Date:||24/10/2016 10:57|
An exciting opportunity to join a well-established energy company as a Technical/ Maintenance Engineer, where you will be involved in engineering work on various projects related to natural gas vehicle refuelling around the UK, and will be responsible for the Maintenance and building a Maintenance team in the future.|
As Technical/ Maintenance Engineer, reporting to the Senior Projects and Operations Manager, you will primarily be responsible for:
- Taking charge of the maintenance of all stations and ensuring that operation time is maximised in a safe manner, and all emergency calls you receive, are resolved as soon as possible;
- Planning and undertaking scheduled maintenance, and preforming regular inspections while managing budgets and maintaining records.
-Helping to manage the design and construction of liquefied natural gas (LNG) and compressed natural gas (CNG) vehicle refuelling projects throughout the entire life cycle, and ensuring that all objectives are achieved;
- Finding contractors, evaluate quotes and supervise work;
- Identifying and mitigating any technical risks, creating maintenance procedures, managing stocks of supplies and equipment
- Assist in Ensuring that design, procurement, fabrication, assembly, installation and commissioning activities are scheduled, resourced, and completed effectively and efficiently;
- Supporting the continual daily operations and maintenance of LNG / CNG refuelling station projects (this entails taking turns in taking emergency calls); to ensure customer satisfaction;
- Monitoring operational efficiency and performance of existing systems and equipment;
- Continual improvement of all related technology (both hardware and software); and taking care of the smooth communication between ENN and (also Chinese) suppliers.
With a background in engineering, you will also have the following skills and experience:
- Ability to speak Chinese (Mandarin), in order to assist in technical discussion with equipment suppliers;
- Minimum of a bachelor's degree in an engineering/technical discipline, and (some) experience of working in a technical engineering role; as this role might evolve to a managerial role depending on performance and expansion.
- The right set of skills and attitude to deliver technical / Maintenance projects on time and to budget, whilst meeting the customer's technical expectations;
- The ability to read, review, and produce piping and instrument diagrams/schematics, and a working knowledge of continuous gas processing applications;
- Through understanding of the entire project life cycle, including engineering, procurement, drafting, fabrication, construction, commissioning, start-up, operations & maintenance;
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail;
- Preferably some familiarity with LNG/CNG station technical requirements and procedures, and local certification and safety requirements; but knowledge in water or gas pipeline is also accepted.
- Eligibility to live and work in the UK.
This role involves regular travel to various projects located around the UK. Therefore, a full UK driving license is essential, and the position would be suited to people who are comfortable driving long distances and working outdoors.
This is a full-time role (40 hours per week), based in ENN's UK office in Kingston upon Thames. The company is offering a competitive package (£30k - 40k p.a., dependent on background and experience), plus additional benefits, including pension scheme.
Please send applications, including CV and references, to the email below