|Job Ref:||204612610||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Birmingham||Address:||Post Code:||B12||Salary:||£0 - £58000/annum Car Allowance, Pension and Healthcare||Post Date:||02/10/2016 03:05|
Design Manager - Birmingham |
My client is an established privately owned main contractor who predominantly work within the Education, Commercial, MOD, Distribution and Retail sectors. They execute a variety of projects including: New Build, New Build Extension and Refurbishment.
* Experience in working for a top 20 contractor would be beneficial.
* Architectural or Operational backgrounds will be considered.
They currently enjoy a turnover of c£280 million and manage projects ranging in value from £2million up to £35 million with a select client base secured on a competitive and negotiated basis.
You will closely with a Head of Design Manager (dependant on project value) and work alongside a site based Project Manager when involved with a live scheme.
Initially, the role will be Pre-Construction biased working closely with the Head of Design. You will then be responsible for taking the project to site and ultimately deliver the project.
Key responsibilities will include:
* Previous experience as a Design Manager
* Managing the day-to-day design process on the project
* Ensuring that the works are constructed in accordance with the Clients and Developers requirements
* Maintain and update project reporting.
* The ability to communicate effectively across all levels.
* Working day to day along the commercial team
* A strong work ethic allowing you to deliver upon your deadlines.
The ideal candidate will:
* Have strong communication skills
* Be systems orientated
* Have experience of large value Sub-contract packages
* Have an understanding of M&E
* Have exposure of Groundworks packages
If you would like to be considered for this role, please click apply. For further information, please contact Adam Parker at Edge Careers