|Job Ref:||204612749||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||Uxbridge||Address:||Post Code:||UB10||Salary:||£45/hour||Post Date:||24/10/2016 11:07|
This post will be an urban designer in the Planning Specialists Team, working with the Principal Conservation and Urban Design Officer to provide urban design/master planning input for pre-application enquiries and planning applications. |
The post will be particularly conversant with the Hayes canal corridor and the other forthcoming developments within the emerging Hayes Housing Zone, providing an overall master planning view of the constraints and opportunities within the area.
• To work with the conservation and urban design officers, negotiating design solutions for pre-application submissions and all major and some minor planning applications.
• To work as part of the larger planning team, with a sound understanding of the inter-relationship of the specialisms, disciplines and policies involved in the development management process.
• To fulfil a pro-active role in the master planning of the Hayes canal corridor, having regard to the sites in the emerging Hayes Housing Zone.
• To provide written, detailed design advice for use in Committee reports, briefing notes and pre-application letters, to a high standard of English.
• To ensure that all deadlines relating to correspondence received, and the target dates for internal consultations are met, in accordance with Council protocol.
• To display political and other sensitivities in the discharge of the service, as appropriate to a senior officer post.
• To appear at planning committee to put forward expert technical advice, if asked to do so by senior officers.
• To be responsible for the effective operation of a specialist professional function as required, including the planning of new initiatives in that area.
• To participate in multi-disciplinary teams and working parties both within the Council and with external agencies, etc., as appropriate for the role
• To participate in the development of effective joint procedures and practices within the Directorate to achieve the Council's objectives.
• To comply with Health & Safety and other relevant legislation, Council and Group Standing Orders, instructions and resolutions.
• To comply with, and promote, the Council's policies in regard to equality of opportunities to all members of the community.
• To attend public meetings and meetings of other organisations as may be required in connection with the duties of the post