|Job Ref:||204612855||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Bristol||Address:||Post Code:||BS5||Salary:||£NEG Negotiable||Post Date:||02/10/2016 03:05|
Senior Planner - Bristol|
My client is a is a FTSE 250 housebuilding and construction group, they have become a well established organisation with a leading reputation in construction. They now require a Senior Planner to join there team in a permanent role within the Bristol area.
* Understand health and safety requirements as per the company standards and use the same while preparing method statements and programme as required.
* Read documents and drawings and understand key issues like access to site, any restrictions, sectional completions, occupied buildings and their usage, phasing's etc. as required.
* Explore requirements of client and incorporate the same as best possible to have a competitive edge.
* Understand the tender deliverables and include the strategy within the methodology.
* Consider all temporary works, scaffolding, specialist trades, plant etc and incorporate them in the methodology.
* Attend meetings and prepare presentations.
* All the requirements as above within the pre-qualification stage will have to be developed in line with the tender deliverables.
* Obtain quotations for scaffolding, access, lifting requirements like crane, hoist etc.,
* Discuss temporary works with engineer (in house) and obtain quotes for all the temporary works as required for the project.
* Preparation of Integrated Tender Programme (Design, Procurement & Construction).
* Prepare generic Method Statement for the overall project.
* On the basis of the project have an idea of staff/management required on site and assist the estimator in compiling the preliminaries document.
* Visit site and understand the site constraints, logistics, any site specific requirements and clear all doubts that may rise from reading the tender documents/drawings.
* Preparation of programme and method information for inclusion in submission document as per the tender deliverables requirement.
* Attend mid tender or post tender interviews as required.
* Be enthusiastic, open and honest.
* Problem solver
* Good verbal and communication skills
* Commercial awareness
* Systems and processes in construction
* And up to date knowledge of safety, health and environmental requirements.
* Be adaptable, organised, driven and self-motivating.
* Proficient in the use of following:- Asta Power Project, Power Point, Excel, Word
The successful candidate will be paid a competitive market salary.
If you would like to be considered for this role, please click apply. For further information, please contact Stuart Smith at Edge Careers