|Job Ref:||204609643||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Buckinghamshire||City:||Long Crendon||Address:||Post Code:||HP18||Post Date:||24/10/2016 11:07|
My client is a leading designer and manufacturer of engineered timber products. Operating from eight sites around the UK, its Timber Engineering business designs and manufactures Roof Trusses and Engineered Floors.|
We are looking for a Design Co-ordinator to join our team based in Long Crendon. The role offers a great opportunity for someone with design experience to ensure effective communication is achieved during the design process & to be responsible for producing detailed, accurate designs that meet customer/business requirements. A fast-growing business who takes people development responsibilities seriously. As part of this investment in people, we will provide the training and the tools needed for the role.
These include (but are not exhaustive):
• Interpret customer requirements and estimator quotations to provide appropriate, efficient, economical and professional designs within the timeframes provided by the customer and ensuring our contractual obligations are fulfilled.
• Work within MBA (Novo) to monitor & chase design progress for internal and external designers.
• Prepare formal RFI's as required.
• Liaise with customers and provide a knowledgeable service both in the office and on site visits.
• Attend customer/site meetings as required, ensuring the company dress code is adhered to (including PPE requirements).
• Help ensure regional adoption of Lean Design principles as required.
• Liaise with relevant internal staff/production teams etc. to ensure that designs take into consideration costs, targets and manufacturing capacity & capability.
• Previous experience of working in a similar role, using Mitek or other engineered software.
• Results orientated and able to get it right first time.
• Customer focussed with excellent customer service skills.
• Well-organised and able to work unsupervised and prioritise tasks.
• Good communication skills both written and verbal, and able to communicate effectively at all levels.
• Detail conscious and able to ensure work is completely accurately and within time constraints.
• Excellent PC skills including experience of MS Office.
• Experience of working in a multi-site environment.
• Salary dependant on experience
• 30 days holiday per year, including Bank Holidays rising to 33 after 1 years full service.
• Contributory Stakeholder Pension Scheme
• Life Cover
• Childcare Voucher Scheme
Hours of Work
40 hours per week, Monday to Friday (8.00am to 5.00pm).
Location - Long Crendon, Aylesbury
Responses (CV's by email preferred)