|Job Ref:||204609892||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Glamorgan||City:||Cardiff||Address:||Post Code:||CF10||Salary:||£45000 - £60000/annum||Post Date:||24/10/2016 11:03|
Our client is an international construction services company delivering construction, fit out, engineering services and a range of specialist solutions. They are seeking people who wish to expand their careers.
As part of the companies growth plans we are currently seeking an experienced Design Manager to cover Birmingham and the surrounding areas. Applications from commercially focused individuals with an understanding of the operations which impact a business will be welcomed.
This is a critical role within the team. Overseeing both internal and external design consultant teams, controlling the design concept in to manufacturing and managing the installation information - this is a challenging and highly satisfying role, playing a key part in the success of a project.
The successful candidate will be capable of understanding the requirements of a construction organisation whilst holding excellent organisations capabilities, team leadership skills, the ability to articulate drawings and an understanding of business needs.
The successful candidate will:
• Manage the design process using commercial, contractual, programme/time awareness and technical expertise
• Support, understand and advise their employer as to the requirements and obligations in the development of a building design
• Ensure the design process recognises current legislation, standards and codes of practice where appropriate
• Ensure design information is of the right quality and keeps pace with project timescales
• Strive to eliminate health and safety risks in the design and financial risks during construction
A Design Manager is an essential role in any part of the construction process and to be successful in this role a range of skills are required, including:
* Good forward planners
* Architectural / Design or technical background is not essential but is advantageous
* In-depth knowledge of all aspects of a construction project
* Knowledge of software including AutoCad and BIM (Building Information Modelling)
* Good communication and people skills
* Excellent motivational and leadership skills
* Work well under pressure
* Ability to present ideas effectively
* Able to evaluate ideas of others
A Design Manager is a highly technical role, so a high level of education as well as a minimum of three years industry experience managing elements of a construction project is essential