|Job Ref:||204610133||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Worcestershire||City:||Droitwich||Address:||Post Code:||WR9||Salary:||£40000 - £45000/annum Car allowance, excellent benefits||Post Date:||02/10/2016 03:02|
Building Surveyor - £40-45k basic plus car allowance and generous benefits|
Our Client is a leading provider of structural warranties and buildings insurance. They are looking to appoint a technically minded surveyor to carry out an inspection role with the intention of reducing claims against the insurer.
The role entails making contact with the developer/ builder customers and making visits to site to inspect works in progress to ensure they meet the requirements of the Technical Manual and good building practice. The emphasis is on targeting the areas of construction which are known to or have been identified as having a raised risk to the insurance policy.
The appointed person would have a strong technical awareness, ideally from a building control/ structural engineer background.
Experience / Skills
• Part / Full member of professional. Minimum Grades accepted: TechRICS / ACIOB / CABE / LICWCI or similar.
• Minimum of 3 years relevant BC experience, plan check and site inspection or 3 years relevant Warranty experience, or a combination of both, totalling 3 years joint experience.
• In depth technical knowledge of Building Regulations and other relevant construction standards.
• Requires basic understanding of general insurance principals and terminology desirable.
• Understanding of Building Regulations and associated legislation.
• Ability to undertake site inspections to assess both quality and the cause/effect of building defects.
• Commercial awareness and ability to work as part of a team.
• Ability to create not only good working relationships with other construction professionals but to be able to deal effectively with members of the public.
• The ability to meet deadlines and manage own workload within agreed parameters.
• Working knowledge of MS Outlook (email), MS Word, MS Excel.
• Demonstrable ability to use own initiative.
• Ability to motivate self and influence others.
• Excellent Customer Services skills and experience of Relationship Management.
• Flexible in personal approach.
• Full UK Driving Licence.
Required skills & expertise:
Surveyors * building controls * structural warranty * latent defects