|Job Ref:||204610526||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||London||Address:||Post Code:||WC1A||Post Date:||24/10/2016 11:03|
Position: Construction Manager (Rail)|
Location: London (Chadwell)
Contract: 3-4 months
Start date: Immediate
Our client, very well established company in the railway sector is looking for a Construction Manager who will be responsible for the safe delivery of construction works. The Construction Manager is the lead for all delivery and must manage the site management resources across the project to ensure safe and productive delivery of work.
• You are required before works commence to undertake site dilapidations surveys.
• You may also be expected to look at the environmental considerations, such as nesting birds, watercourse and protected species.
• You are expected to prepare for and attend project progress meetings.
• You must organise and lead the weekly construction meetings.
• You must provide weekly updates on delivery against the agreed programme to the Project Planner.
• You will ensure that all sites submit their SSoWP requests in a timely and consistent manner to ensure sufficient time has been allowed to ensure plans are available on site for the works delivery.
• The application for HV Assessments, Any Line Open Assessments and Open line working applications must be submitted in sufficient time
• Ensure Sub Contractors receive project and / or site inductions prior to works commencing on site. The inductions must be captured on the site induction register.
• Ensure Contractors are fit for purpose and that the relevant Work Package Plans are and Task Briefs are issued to sub-contractors.
• You are required to conduct a sub-contractor audit and a sub-contractor evaluation once every period for each sub-contractor.
• You must issue the ITP to the relevant responsible person and ensure the fully completed documents and tests are collected and issued to the document controller
• You must ensure that all information on changes and variations is communicated to the project manager
• You must ensure all your plant on site is fit for purpose and fully utilised and that redundant plant is off hired at the earliest opportunity.
• You are expected to ensure that site welfare checks are carried out weekly and that checks, reviews and audits are conducted at least once every period
• Ensure AFC drawings or data sheets are in place for all planned works. Ensure complex and critical drawings are reviewed and briefed to site managers, supervisors and engineers during construction meetings.
• You are responsible for making sure red line drawings are completed and are issued back to the document controller
• You are required to conduct Site and welfare inspections a minimum of every period
• You are the safety leader on site and must make sure work is adequately resourced to facilitate safe work and that the requirement plant and equipment is in place in order to complete work safely.
• You must make sure an approved and in date Environmental Management Plan and Site Waste Management Plan is available on site and that the site environmental file issued by the environmental representative is kept in order and up to date
Type of Project: Support for Electrical, Signalling and other civils based works.
• ONC/City and Guilds
• 3 year's experience in a Construction Management role.
• An all-round knowledge of construction delivery in a rail environment
• Must be a safety champion and ensure that all safety initiatives are encouraged and implemented.
• Good communication skills, practical approach to problem solving and a considerate manager