|Job Ref:||204610797||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Hampshire||City:||Portsmouth||Address:||Post Code:||PO2||Salary:||£25000 - £35000/annum||Post Date:||02/10/2016 03:02|
Job title: Assistant Quantity Surveyor|
Salary: Negotiable dependent on experience - £25,000 - £35,000 plus a car or car allowance plus package
Job Type: Permanent
My Client, one of the UK's largest Construction Company and arguably the markets leading new build Maintenance and Refurbishment Main Contractor is on the lookout for an Assistant Quantity Surveyor to join their team. They merged with a number of other of leading Construction Company's recently to form a £1billion company with the capabilities to deliver community regeneration schemes on an enormous scale. They have a history going back over 80 years employing nearly 4000 staff and they have won numerous awards for their work.
My Client provides a working environment that makes people proud and happy at work. They also make sure they provide their staff with the training and support they need to help them remain industry leaders and they are committed to helping their staff achieve their full potential. This is a great company to join that is going from strength to strength.
About the Role
The company have an Assistant Quantity Surveyor opportunity based in Portsmouth. The role is working on a mixture of new build and refurbishment to three residential tower blocks. The project is valued at £13m and works will include new steel structures being installed, a new façade, and external wall installation as well refurbishment to the internal living quarters to kitchen and bathrooms.
* Accurately report the financial and contractual situation of the sub-contractors and suppliers responsible for
* Check that sub-contractors are procured to the programme and that agreements are robust in order to achieve best value
* Measure and assess the work undertaken and then submit detailed, accurate and timely applications for payment including Final accounts
* Take timely and proper action (e.g., notices) in accordance with the contract/sub-contract
* Assist with preparation of contractual claims
* Work closely with other QS members and other site staff
* Give support and advice to site team on commercial matters where possible
* Be aware of the QA procedures and Group Standing Orders at all times
* Be knowledgeable about the provisions of the Construction Act and other Contract types relating to suppliers and sub-contractors
* Contribute to the set up and review of the project risk register
* Support the team in giving the Client/Client's Representatives timely and accurate information
* Plan activities to endear customers to want to work with us again
* To demonstrate an appropriate level of awareness and assist as part of the site team to ensure that we comply with SHE
* At least two or three years' experience working on either new build or refurbishment/planned maintenance projects
* Experience working for a Main Contractor
If you are interested in hearing more about this exciting opportunity, please call Kerry O'Donovan on (Apply online only)