|Job Ref:||204610928||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||London||Address:||Post Code:||WC1A||Salary:||£50000 - £60000/annum plus package||Post Date:||02/10/2016 03:02|
Senior Quantity Surveyor - Crossrail|
Our Client is a leading international infrastructure group. They finance, develop, build and maintain innovative and efficient infrastructure that underpins daily life, supports communities and enables economic growth. They provide the essential infrastructure assets societies need to function, develop and thrive. Their teams operate across the full infrastructure lifecycle: finance, design and project manage, develop and construct, operate and maintain assets.
With more than 100 years of experience in delivering highly complex infrastructure projects, they know how to operate with the highest levels of quality, safety and technical expertise, integrate with clients and local supply chains and work with local communities. They operate principally in the UK and the US, with developing businesses in Canada, the Middle East and South East Asia.
Our Client has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Quantity Surveyor to join their Major Projects Division to work in London on large value contract on Crossrail. The Senior Quantity Surveyor is required to ensure commercial & contractual control and co-ordination of the efforts of all parties involved in the execution of the project. To provide guidance to other members of the Commercial/quantity surveying team and Project Directors/Managers on all aspects relating to commercial activity on a specified project or range of projects.
• Ensure all duties are carried out in accordance with standard company HSE procedures and work instructions
• Accountable for the activities of any directly reporting quantity surveying staff, including mentoring junior members of the team, and provide advice and guidance to other members of the team and to Project Directors/Managers, as required
• In conjunction with the relevant Project Management team member, be accountable for the profitability of the project(s), and develop an appropriate commercial strategy for the project(s) to ensure delivery of required margins
• Contribute to the management and maintenance of a contract cost reporting system, ensuring all financial information is managed and up-to-date and tracked with budget/tender allowances, commitments and deviations highlighted and managed
• With other members of the team, produce and provide accurate forecasts of project cost to completion and final value
• Continually monitor projected costs to completion in line with budget
• Ensure that necessary interface information between customer, subcontractors and other departments is provided in a timely manner
• Pro-actively monitor cash flow and valuation plan, ensuring applications are made correctly and in a timely manner
• Ensure contract variations are identified, valued and turned into agreed variation orders with the customer in a timely manner
• Assist in ensuring effective records are maintained to support claims and that applications for payment for variations are issued in a timely manner
• Manage the subcontract tender process, including the selection of sub-contractors and provision of all relevant contract and schedule documentation
• Ensure that subcontracts are placed in an appropriate manner to step down appropriate responsibilities from the Main Contract
• Ensure that each sub-contractor's account is managed strictly in accordance with their terms and conditions
• Ensure that any insurance claims are notified in accordance with company requirements and that appropriate data is compiled for insurance claims
• Take an active role in assisting the Project Management team members in arranging and undertaking project reviews and issue of associated reports
• Provide accurate monthly reporting of cost and value on the project(s) in line with the Company's reporting process.
• Be responsible for the preparation and agreement of final accounts
• Agree and resolves final accounts with sub-contractors
• Ensure compliance with BMS and Group Minimum Commercial Expectations
• Where appropriate and where used on the specified project, utilise BIM to support progress monitoring, provide commercial reporting and incorporate information to support change management, variations orders and encourage all sub-contractors/supply chain members to integrate their work into BIM
• Sound working knowledge of construction and contract law and various forms of Conditions of Contract
• Detailed knowledge and understanding of tendering and procurement processes
• Significant knowledge of construction techniques on particular projects
• Ability to apply the knowledge and principles of commercial management to construction projects
• Working knowledge of basic plant, equipment and materials
• Knowledge and understanding of sub-contracting principles, together with the ability to draft and administer sub contracts
• Ability to implement procedures to quantify and cost construction works, including the use of appropriate standard methods of measurement
• Understanding of the requirements to provide and obtain Insurance, Bonds and Warranties
• People management skills, with the ability to build effective relationships at all levels
• Proven ability to work as part of a team and on own initiative
• Enthusiasm and results focus, with an ability to work well under pressure and to tight deadlines
• Effective negotiation skills with both internal and external customers
• Substantial previous experience in Quantity Surveying, some of which should have been obtained within a relevant business environment and a valid CSCS card are required.
• Membership of a relevant professional body and/or relevant professional qualification is desirable, such as RICS/CIOB/RIBA/ICE/CIBSE.
This challenging and exciting opportunity, requires an individual with a strong commercial background, preferably with demonstrable experience within the construction industry and preferably working on large value frameworks/projects. A highly attractive basic salary plus extensive benefits package is on offer to the successful candidate, along with longevity of work and forward career progression.
We are committed to equal opportunities. We wish to ensure that all applicants are treated fairly and appointed solely on their suitability for the post irrespective of race, gender, age, disability, caring responsibilities, sexual orientation, marital/civil partnership status, religion/belief or nationality