|Job Ref:||204611225||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Berkshire||City:||Berkshire||Address:||Post Code:||OX14||Salary:||£65 - £75/annum package||Post Date:||02/10/2016 03:03|
SENIOR QUANTITY SURVEYOR - LEADING TIER ONE CONTRACTOR - UP TO £70K + BENEFITS|
Our client is a leading, progressive UK Construction Company with 40 years' experience operating in both the private and public sector. Being one of the top 20 Main Contractors our client specializes in Build construction, property, civil and maintenance.
In the construction side of the business, they specialize in mixed-use, commercial, health and sport & leisure sectors. With their project values being in excess £150 million, typically they work on projects from £10 Million - £50 Million.
Our Client is one of the leading contractors across London and the South East and has a turnover of over £10 million. With a steady work force, they currently employ over 5000 employees and our looking to add to their team due to growing project demands.
Fawkes and Reece are currently representing one of their regional construction business units in the Reading area where they are looking to bring in an experience Senior Quantity Surveyor. This person will be involved in a mixture of build and refurbishment projects across mainly education and leisure sectors. You will be responsible for leading a project up to circa £40 Million and be site based in and around the Reading area.
My client is a well-known Main Contractor in the market and with this division being one of the most successful business units within the UK, this is a great opportunity for someone who is looking for a long term career. They have a great working environment in the team along with a solid pipeline of projects
* Managing quantity surveyors on a large contract and taking the commercial lead
* Provide commercial expertise
* Provision of accurate and timely commercial reports
* Deliver advice to the management team
* Manage the day to day financial, cost control and reporting
* Effective commercial control of all allocated projects including provision of timely and accurate documentation in accordance with the Surveying timetable, in particular CVR's, all elemental reconciliations, cash flow forecasts, etc.
* Experience working as a Senior quantity surveyor (ideally working with a Main Contractor)
* Bsc in Quantity Surveying or other commercially related discipline
* RICS accredited or working towards professional membership of an appropriate organisation (eg. RICS/CIOB)
* Good knowledge of monthly reporting
* Understanding of period cost reporting and comparison with budget/forecast
* Knowledge of company management systems including Commercial Manager /COINS and Sphere
* Experience managing teams of quantity surveyors on Build Construction Projects