|Job Ref:||204614013||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||East Midlands||Address:||Post Date:||24/10/2016 11:08|
My client is one of the UK's leading Private Residential Developer based in Leicester, their fast growing engineering team is in the market for Regional Engineer with Developer or Consulting experience. The right candidate will be suitably qualified and an experienced individual with the Technical know-how for their Meridian Office: |
The division is seeking an enthusiastic outgoing and self-motivating individual who is able to take the initiative with good communication skills and the drive to achieve target dates and meet critical deadlines.
Responsible for coordinating consultants for the production of technical reports for new land viabilities coupled with experience in delivering technical approvals to ensure site developments commence as planned is essential, together with the ability to solve on-site issues as they arise in a timely cost efficient manner.
In addition, the role will include seeing through the processes of the adoption of roads and sewers on historic developments to a satisfactory conclusion. The ability to interpret drawings, assess reports and other associated information will be a key component to the success of the role.
Previous experience and an understanding of the functions of a Technical department together with a good knowledge of the workings of other departments within a house building developer are essential.
An attractive salary, company car
• Commission site surveys and reports from external consultants and the design team
• Attend and contribute to design team, engineering, pre-start and site progress meetings as required for each development.
• Review and check design solutions for road and sewers, foundations, drainage and proposed levels etc. for technical approval submissions and procurement packages.
• Ensure all design solutions are the most cost effective and practical and comply with planning, building regulations and NHBC/LABC standards.
• Identify, procure and co-ordinate services/utilities removal/diversion/provision requirements from initial feasibility to order placement/initial call-off including provision of the site services pack at the pre-start hand-over meeting.
• Co-ordinate remediation strategy and MMP approvals, EHO and NHBC/LABC conditions sign-offs and validation/verification reports.
• Co-ordinate and manage all aspects of NHBC/LABC building control and warranty provision, and monitor compliance/discharge for CML deadlines.
• Collate and issue tender, construction and pre-start drawing packages to the required timescales for the programmed start on site.
• Secure technical approval for S38/278 roads and S104 sewers adoptions where required and co-ordinate the bonds through to adoption including POS adoption/transfers and the handover of management companies where necessary.
• Arranging inspections with the relevant authorities and subcontractors to progress adoptions as required.
• Ensure legal title checks and estate boundary approval/deed plans are completed in time and setting out information/drawings for each plot are available, performing on-site checks (use of total-station theodolite and levelling equipment is an advantage) as required for each development.
• Undertake regular site visits and check that the works carried out comply with the drawings, specifications and are to the required standards and that any testing or validation criteria has been satisfied.
The successful candidate will have a strong Design background, either with a Consultancy or a House Builder. Be Highly organised and familiar with coordinating multiple developments. they will also be able to work on feasibility sites, live sites and adopted sites.
For further information, please contact Josephine Quartey (Apply online only)