|Job Ref:||204614676||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Northamptonshire||City:||Northamptonshire||Address:||Post Code:||NN13||Salary:||£20000 - £30000/annum||Post Date:||02/10/2016 03:07|
Trainee Engineer - Construction|
My client is one of the UK's leading construction groups operating within Education, Healthcare, Commercial, Residential and Public sectors, specialising in large new build/ design and build schemes. They are one of the most sought after contractors for construction professionals seeking employment due to their reputation for delivering technically challenging schemes across the UK, combined with their 1st class training and reputation.
My client have continued to see extended growth and are subsequently looking to bolster their business as a result of winning major contracts. They are looking for a degree qualified trainee engineer who is at ease setting out a range of elements of traditional new build projects whilst also being capable of handling various managerial duties such as health and safety, quality control and general supervision.
Trainee Engineer Job Description:
* Assist in the preparation of 'as-built drawings'.
* Establishing effective systems to record work completed updating the Project Quality Plan accordingly.
* To assist in managing systems to enable the progress of work to be reviewed against time, quality, dimensions and quantity.
* Assist in the recording and testing of workmanship and materials, i.e., drainage, concrete, piling, brickwork etc.
* Provides engineering support to ensure technical problems are overcome and technical queries are answered.
* Responsible for setting out works constructed within allowable tolerances.
* Regularly checking the setting out points and benchmarks and checking that all setting out instruments and measuring equipment are delivered to site with a calibration certificate and recorded accordingly.
* Ensures workforce understand setting out information has been identified as suitable for the type of work being carried out.
* Assist in the preparation of sketches for distribution on site, ensuring clear communication channels are in place for effective understanding
* To be aware of the provisions of the Kier Safety, Health and Environmental Management System and to assist in its implementation to ensure a safe working environment.
* Responsible for providing and maintaining setting out and dimensional control, to ensure accurate construction of the work.
* Familiar with Quality Management System.
* Record instructions.
* Maintain drawing register.
If you feel that you have the relevant experience to be successful in this position and would like to find out more please apply online today attaching a copy of your current CV.
Due to the vast amount of applications that we receive, it is not possible for us to contact all applicants, therefore if you have not heard from us within two working days then unfortunately your application has not been successful on this occasion, however...we will register your details for consideration against future opportunities.
Linsco are an Equal Opportunities employer. All applications will be dealt with in the strictest confidence