|Job Ref:||204614831||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Essex||City:||Essex||Address:||Post Code:||SS14||Salary:||£35000 - £40000/annum package||Post Date:||02/10/2016 03:07|
Job Title: Quantity Surveyor
Job Type: Permanent
Job Ref: EOE-132
Start Date: ASAP
Salary: £35k-40k basic plus competitive package
Company & Project: A well established National consultancy are looking for a competent and client focused surveyor who has a previous background working for a Chartered surveyors, Consultancy or End-Client. They have a good reputation in the Essex market and they are particularly strong across the Education, Retail and Commercial sectors.
Our client has a busy project pipeline for 2016/17 and they are recruiting for a Quantity Surveyor due to growth of their Essex office. The business is privately owned and has a very approachable and committed management structure.
Duties & Responsibilities: The successful candidate will take responsibility for Quantity Surveying duties, managing commercial management functions for the project, from procurement of subcontractors, measurement & valuations, through to practical completion of the project and settling final accounts.
In addition, the directors are looking for a candidate that will perform a mentoring role to other members of staff and new graduates. The career path for this role will see the Surveyor promoted to Senior level if performance criteria is hit in the next 12-18months.
* Minimum 3 years+ experience as a QS post degree qualification.
* Ideally MRICS Chartered Surveyor or looking to complete APC in next 18months.
* Excellent client facing skills and the ability to meetings confidently.
* Strong track record on new build or refurbishment projects with NEC and/or JCT.
* Looking to develop their career in a team orientated environment.
* Previous Roles: Quantity Surveyor OR Project Quantity Surveyor OR Intermediate Quantity Surveyor OR Assistant Quantity Surveyor.
* Qualifications & Skills: Degree in Quantity Surveying or Construction Management from a recognised institution at 2:1 or better.
Application Process: If you would like more information on this Quantity Surveyors position or any other vacancy please email your current CV through to; where it will be reviewed and you will be contacted within 48 hours if your CV is of interest.
Services advertised by Apple Technical Recruitment are that of an Employment Agency/Business