|Job Ref:||204614412||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Cheadle||Address:||Post Code:||SK8||Salary:||£NEG||Post Date:||24/10/2016 11:09|
Position: Structural Engineer - Cheadle (Contract) |
Rate: Negotiable (D.O.E)
Length of contract: 12 Months
My Client has a particular requirement for a Structural Engineer to be based in Cheadle on a 12 month contract.
As Structural Engineer you will be responsible for the preparation of structural design's and design calculations. This will include, liaising with clients and other construction professionals throughout the design and construction process. As well as;
* Developing detailed civil engineering designs.
* Discussing requirements with the client and other professionals.
* Providing complete design calculations in both civil and structural functions.
* Undertaking technical and feasibility studies and site investigations.
* Assessing the potential risks of specific projects, as well as undertaking risk management in specialist roles.
* Managing design/project change, as the client may change their mind about the design, and ensuring relevant parties are notified of changes in the project.
* Thinking both creatively and logically to resolve design and development problems.
* Compiling, checking and approving reports.
* Reviewing and approving project drawings.
* Using computer-aided design (CAD) packages for designing projects.
* Scheduling material and equipment purchases and delivery.
* Adopting all relevant requirements around issues such as building permits, environmental regulations and safety on all work assignments.
Civil or Structural Engineering Degree with relevant work experience and good all-round communication skills.
Experience with overland pipelines, external works, drainage and knowledge of UK design codes will be an essential prerequisite.
AutoCAD or other related modelling or design software will be a major advantage.
Successful candidates will display a sound knowledge of the latest CDM regulations along with material use and suitability (such as masonry, concrete, steel, timber).
A solid understanding of the commercial aspects of projects and project work would be beneficial too.
* Communication skills.
* Problem solving.
* High accuracy and attention to detail.
* Commercial awareness.
* Skilled in PC usage and associated software including Microsoft Office.
* Able to work with minimal supervision, efficiently schedule and manage time.
* Capable of working to and achieving targets.
In addition, successful applicants must pass a Criminal Records Bureau check (to enhanced level) and will require a full UK driving Licence.
If you feel you have the above experience then please send your CV at first instance to Moin at