|Job Ref:||204613264||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Newcastle upon Tyne||Address:||Post Code:||NE2||Post Date:||02/10/2016 03:06|
We are currently looking for a Building Surveyor for our client based in Newcastle for a 3 month duration.|
Implement and manage a professional, customer focused building maintenance service within the client's estate in order to deliver a safe and reliable environment.
• The post holder will, in conjunction with the lead Surveyor for the team, programme, plan and organise the development and cost effective delivery of :-
a. Building repair and maintenance
b. Building and infrastructure operations.
c. Single discipline long term maintenance schemes for a designated part of the estate. Knowledge of building construction, repair and maintenance but will be expected to deal with some issues arising in other disciplines.
• Assist the lead Surveyor to review, monitor and adjust, on a continual basis, the service provided within the area of responsibility to ensure that it meets current and planned university requirements.
• Advise on the annual maintenance requirements for the designated area and provide estimates of cost for inclusion in revenue budgets and supporting planning statements. Assist the lead Surveyor to manage the annual budget allocation for building fabric service, repair and maintenance and monitor the financial position for the team.
• Survey properties to identify Health & Safety risks and potential failures of fabric and infrastructure. Assist with bids for funding against the Long Term Maintenance allocation and reserves. Identify, design and cost solutions to problems. Advise on the prioritisation of projects in the rolling five year programme.
• Knowledge of building repair and maintenance and/or construction experience of contract and project management.
• An understanding backed up by experience, of planning, organising and delivering customer services is a major element of this post.
• A qualified professional or working towards a professional qualification with a minimum entry level standard of HND or equivalent in an appropriate discipline. Alternatively, membership of the Chartered Institute of Building with demonstrable experience in a comparable role.
• A desire to maintain and develop knowledge through continuing professional development.
If you are interested please send your CV in the first instance