|Job Ref:||204612223||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Aberdeenshire||City:||Aberdeen||Address:||Post Code:||AB25||Post Date:||24/10/2016 11:07|
Our company is a successful multi-disciplined Main Contractor within the Structural Repair/Building Refurbishment industry. We have a vacancy for suitably skilled and experienced Individuals.
The quantity surveyor will be based out of our Aberdeen office serving our Aberdeen and Aberdeenshire operations. The applicant must have a minimum of 3 years relevant experience within the construction industry. The quantity surveyor be well organised and have the ability to flourish in a pressured environment.
The Quantity Surveyor will be primarily office based and but will have to travel to carry out their duties. They must have strong experience in the following:
* Measuring and pricing construction/maintenance works
* Ability to take a project from tender stage through to final account
* Maintaining strong and effective communication with Commercial Manager, Contracts Managers, Project Managers and other relevant stakeholders
* Produce and provide Monthly cost reports, periodic forecasts and cash flow information to Senior Management
You will be responsible for Client/Sub-Contractor management including payments, valuations, final accounts,invoicing, procurement and disputes.
You will be responsible for the preparation and submissions of payment applications as per the conditions of contract.
You will provide assistance and commercial advice to contracts management and site teams for all project issues.
Driving licence essential.
Experience/Skills that would be beneficial to applicants:
* Sound and wide spread experience in the structural repair and maintenance Industry
* Good understanding of building technology and construction processes
* Specific experience in the pricing and implementation of Energy Efficiency works such as PAS2030 work scope installations such as External Wall Insulation.
* Specific experience and knowledge of the PAS 2030 standard and ECO (Energy Companies Obligation)
* Specific experience in the pricing and implementations of concrete repair works
* Specific experience in the pricing and implementations of internal fit out works within the Structural Repair/Building Refurbishment industry